Circle of Support for Andy

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
count me in...so sorry for your loss Andy, I lost my Grams 5 years ago on Christmas morning and my brother n law passed away last year on Christmas day. Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning to our family as we remember loved ones lost. <<<HUGS>>>

Andy

Thank you everyone! This circle means so much to me. My grandma was very special. She and Grandpa (passed away about 5 years ago) taught their kids and grandkids about accepting people for who they are. I try hard to follow in her footsteps. Facebook was a great tool in keeping family and friends who could not be by her side in touch with what was going on. It was a comfort to hear my aunts' and cousins' reports - made the time easier knowing that she was being well taken care of. She was unresponsive when Mom visited on Friday but opened her eyes on Christmas Day. Carolers stopped by Christmas Eve and she seemed to respond to the music. She could not talk but heard what was going on around and those there assisted her in making phone calls to her children (my mom) who was not there. One of my cousins took grandma's small dog up to see her. So nice that the unit she was in allowed that. She was kept comfortable and surrounded by family since last Monday when she entered the hospital. It was a miracle that she made it through Monday night so this Christmas is that much more special for all of us. Most of this I would not have known about if it was not for facebook. My mom is having a hard time dealing with the loss including talking about her mom in this condition. We grieve her passing and celebrate her life.

Now I pray for good weather so I can make the four hour journey to the funeral. I don't know when it will be so am clearing my schedule from Wednesday forward (I don't think it would be Tuesday but if it is, that can be done also).

Again, Thank you!!!

katya02

Solace
So sorry for your loss, Andy - prayers and thoughts going out to you and your family. And prayers for
good weather and safety this week as you travel.

trinityroyal

Andy, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I too hope the weather cooperates.
Many gentle hugs,
Trinity

DammitJanet

Im so sorry Andy. Its always hard, even when you know its coming. Hugs. I know I will always be forever grateful for Hospice.