Circle of Support for Andy

tiredmommy

Our friend and member Andy hasn't been around much lately but I've found out she's been quite sick for the last few days. She has a fever, pain and a cough. The doctor hasn't been able to pin down exactly where the infection is and she can't break the fever. She doesn't seem like her bubbly self at all. :( So... I'm reaching out from New York State to send warm healing thoughts, who will take my hand?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stretching waaaaaaay down to Florida and grabbing keista's hand, saying a prayer and sending positive healing vibes, and reaching out to..........................

New Jersey! I have my healing crystals out, can you feel them working their magic Andy? I hope so...(((HUGS)))) Feel better soon. Sending some tea bags.

T

TeDo

Your home state. I am sorry to hear this. I have been wondering about you and difficult child. Please take care of yourself and I'm sending all the prayers and support I have north to your door.

Now reaching out to.....

DammitJanet

Hugs Andy. Hope you get well soon! Being sick is the pits. Also hope difficult child and Diva are looking out for you really well.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Northern California sending prayers, warm healing thoughts and big hugs to Andy for a speedy recovery and right on back to perfect health..........

Andy

Oh, thank you all so much! I am so glad I went to the doctor yesterday. I usually wait things out but this did not feel like something to clear up on its own. The medications are starting to kick in and the fever has finally broken.

difficult child has been very good about taking over puppy duty that I usually do such as the late night and early morning outdoor time, getting his own breakfast, and making sure he catches the bus (has gotten very lax on that).

Diva is 1/2 hour away living with her fiancé.

husband is working in town. He had a report that needed to go out yesterday so I took myself to the walk-in clinic an hour away. difficult child asked if he could drive me but with only a permit I didn't think it wise. The adult in the vehicle should be alert and I felt if I was not driving I would be too relaxed to be alert. Although the clinic is right off the freeway, difficult child does not have much experience with driving in that town or the freeway system. husband was able to pick up medications and save me that stop.

difficult child is doing very well! He is working on a new flower garden and keeps the lawn mowed when needed without being asked. He also is enjoying helping me paint walls - he does most of the work. School is going well except he wants me to tell his math teacher that he doesn't have to follow her directions of listening to the explanation 3 - 5 times, doing practice problems, and taking homework home. He says he understands it by just reading the book or on her first explanation and does the work in class. His dad and I have told him he has to do what/how the teacher wants him to do it.

Diva finished her 2 year photography program with a three week internship with a master photographer who wanted to offer her a job but is too far from where she lives to accept. She did get a job at a Ritz camera store which she is enjoying. This chapter in her life has been a long and awesome story.

Andy

I wasn't tracking at 100%. For some reason, I was actually a little bit afraid. I have never been afraid of being sick before.

I missed a special day at work yesterday that I have been really looking forward to. This afternoon I had planned to take a friend thrift shopping. We have rescheduled. On Sunday I am suppose to tour the location of Diva's wedding and reception. Finding a time when the owner, the groom's mom, and I are all available before June 14th when I start 6 week medical leave is a challenge so really hope I can make it. I need to get a visual to help plan or at least understand how the plans will look.

T

TeDo

I am really glad to hear you're feeling better. When it's not something "normal" it is normal to get scared. Can I ask, what are you taking the 6 week medical leave in June for? I hope that is nothing serious.