Circle of support for Crazy Mama

pepperidge

Hi,

Let's send extra warrior mom armor Crazy mama's way as she deals with the heartrenching process of placing her son in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC)....
I believe that deep in his heart of hearts he will know that you are doing this out of love and concern.
Good luck with the admission process.

And on to....

buddy

stretching my hand out to you....i pray for blessings, insight and growth for him. Holding on with....

klmno

I feel for you and will keep you in my thoughts- just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this and that we are here on the board when you need to vent, get out some of the hurt, etc.......

keista

Grabbing on in FL. Sending calming positive thought to you and difficult child. Reaching out to......

T

TeDo

Grabbing on to the hand in Florida and reaching out to . . .. . . . . .

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Grabbing on in Ohio... I know how sometimes the thought can really hurt even though you know it's the best thing to do. I'm thinking of you... Reaching out to...

Estherfromjerusalem

. . . to Jerusalem, to Esther. My heart feels for you, and it must be so hard, but you are doing the best thing you can for him. Sending hugs and best wishes. And on to . . .

nvts

Big reach from Jerusalem to New York...I've been there (and had to move him...again!)...just trust your instincts and keep coming here for support!...reaching out to...

crazymama30

Wow, thank you all for your support, this place helps soooooooo much. I did not even see this thread until now.

difficult child will be admitted monday about 12:30. His old psychiatrist works at this facility and he wants to admit and treat difficult child. I feel good about this, he will have difficult children best interest at heart, and I could tell he enjoyed difficult child. That can help alot. I feel so much better now that there are concrete plans in place. Still, I am not great, but better. I am a little concerned about the weather as we have to go over s tricky mountain pass, butt I have driven it before when it was nasty. difficult child will go by secure transport and I will follow.

Wrap coordinator had been great. She sent the referrals, did all the stuff for the transport, and had been a great source of support through this. I will be able to get gas cards to reimburse me for going up For admission and for family therapy. I am also going to go up there when difficult child meets with psychiatrist (either weekly or bi weekly depending am how he does). One of my coworkers got me an early christmas gift of a AAA membership, guess they want to make sure I work say least a few days a week! Lol.

difficult children therapist is going to call s2bx once we are on the way. He deserves to know, but if he knows ahead if time he will spill the brands and my life will be he..

I keep telling myself I have done all I can for him here, and he needs a medication wash and new medications, and it is not safe to do that here. He is currently almost maxed out on his dosages(15mg abilify twice a day with 2 to 4 mg prn, 300 mg lamictal, and 60 mg vyvanse). He may need to come off the stimulant and not have it anymore, I don't know. It is hard to turn him over to strangers, but I have to.

TerryJ2

Crazymama30, I am glad that things are falling into place and that he will get a safe medication wash.
I'm sending gentle thoughts and steady nerves for driving, from NY to VA, and reaching out to ...