Circle of Support for Dammit Janet

DammitJanet

Ive never had a dry socket in my life even with all the teeth Ive had pulled. I keep the gauze in for as long as possible especially since its in the front.

DammitJanet

Oh today I am absolutely miserable and Tony is the worst caretaker in the world! He was nice enough yesterday to go out and buy some soup and some yogurt but after one time last night he has seemingly forgotten I am even alive. If I walk out into the kitchen where he is and hand him my cup and ask specifically for something and then turn around and go back to my room he will then get it for me but as far as actually coming in to check on me...oh heck no.

Last night I was up and down in pain and waiting for him to come to bed with me so he could make sure I was okay and I find out he has gone to bed in the other bedroom! I went in there and yelled at him.

Today he has brought McKenzie here so has to watch her instead of taking care of me. Nice. About every 20 minutes McKenzie barges into my room while Im trying to rest. He refuses to take her home.

Oh heck no, he isnt becoming Buck's caretaker because its obvious he doesnt know how to be one.

Im mad. Im in pain. If I had known he wasnt going to be any help I would have only done one tooth at a time. I always make the world stop when he so much as gets a paper cut.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm sorry you're going through all this with your teeth (buck situation and tony not being helpful). It's just not good. :(
I wish there was a better way for you. I really do. I hope you get to feeling better soon and the pain subsides quickly.

DammitJanet

Thanks Tia. I keep hoping every 6 hours when I take my next pain and antibiotic pills Im getting closer to feeling better. Let me tell you one thing, it is hard as all get out to get my normal pills down me at night when I can hardly swallow normally! I take about 15 pills a night and normally I just toss them all in my mouth and swallow big. I cant do that right now. I have to do it one pill at a time and that is painful. I can do the really tiny ones two at a time. That helps.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Fast healing and applesauce to you, hope Tony gets his head out of ... the clouds ... and takes care of you properly!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Fred wasn't helpful either after the first day..........I'm not so sure he was even that first day. I had food stuff set up before I even saw the dentist and threatened death to anyone who touched it knowing there would be limits to what I could manage to eat.

But no way would I have wanted a little one running around.

Hope you start feeling better quickly.

DammitJanet

I made the mistake of assuming others would take care of me the way I would take care of them. I have gone out in the middle of the night ..2 or 3 am...to get something for Tony that would make him feel better. Its not so much he asked me to but if I noticed he was out of ginger ale or medicine I would go out. Im just that way. He isnt. He doesnt think about it. He assumes if Im not fussing, Im fine. Problem is I dont fuss. And when I do, Im looked at like I am an idiot. Tony got 15 teeth pulled and he had his dentures in his mouth that day and went hunting that evening. I thought he was a darned fool but I couldnt stop him. I tried. There is no way in hades I could have done that. He heals so much better and faster than me. He knows it too but I think he also thinks I sorta play it up. However he also saw the fact that several times the dentists have had to go back in and remove bone shards because my teeth splinter inside my jaw. I hope this time nothing goes wrong.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
People tolerate pain differently. Heck, for that matter people tolerate pain differently in various areas of the body.

I can walk around with stones stuck in my ureters (which is an excruciating level of pain) for weeks with no pain medications. It's not pleasant but I can tolerate it, I know because I have more than once. I've not only tolerated it but cooked, cleaned and chased 2 toddlers. I'm the same way with most every other part of my body. I have an exceptionally high pain tolerance level.

But if it's in the head/mouth, forget it. I'm a wuss and I know it. Or maybe I'm not a wuss and I just don't have as high a tolerance in that area.

In the early years of our relationship I used to go all out if Fred was sick or whatever. I learned quickly that was a bad idea because he was less likely to get well. Took me a while because that is just the person I am. I also discovered that for some odd reason he expected me to be superwoman from the get go. Never did figure out why that was because his Mom was the type if she got a cold she was on the sofa under a blanket nursing it. Not over doing it but taking care of herself. Know what I mean??

Between those two things.....I stopped doing very much when Fred was sick. And I learned quickly that I was the only one going to take care of me when I was sick. Which is why I had all those foods lined up for after the visit with the dentist. Good grief, the day I came home from the hospital after being hit by the truck Fred asked me what was for supper.......as in he expected me to cook. phht He was lucky I was on heavy duty pain medications and was in no shape to deck him.

I dunno if it's a guy thing or what. I have seen other males do the same thing so I dunno.

I hope you don't have any complications. Follow the dentists orders and Tony can go blow up a tree. Take care of you so you heal properly.

Hugs

LittleDudesMom

Janet, sorry the family is not caring for you. It's really sad when you are the one that is the caretaker of all and no one steps up when you need them. Hugs.

Hope today dawns with less pain.

xo

It's so frustrating, I know. Recently I had the worst sinus infection or whatever it was. My family still expected dinner, laundry to be done...I couldn't move, it hurt. husband was mad at me, I could have cried for how uncared for I felt. It's sad and embarrassing to admit it. He was nice the first day like Tony. They only have enough tolerance for us for a day, I guess. We've spoiled them and now it's the status quo. We better hope we don't get really sick!

DammitJanet

I think my problem is I am always in pain so the fact that I may be in more pain just doesnt register as being more of a problem to anyone. Its like ...well she handles things pretty well on a day to day basis, so all she should need is someone in the house. Uhhh, no. And I try to explain this to him too. I have become pretty good at handling my day to day stuff because I have no choice but when you add in something acute then it just makes everything go haywire. All my fibro kicks up and it gets worse at the same time because nerves are involved so along with the acute pain from the surgery, my entire nervous system is screaming.