Circle of Support for Everywoman

DammitJanet

Thinking of you just up the road here in NC.

You are strong and I have faith that you will get through this with dignity and strength for the kids. I am also sorry it came to this.

LittleDudesMom

EW, from Linda to me in Virginia - I know this is a tough time, I've been there....hugs....the hardest for me was waiting for him to just leave....it dragged on longer than the planned two weeks which turned into over two months....I always said he had one foot out the door but was holding the door jam with his hand. Once he left, it was a relief. Certainly it was sad, as this was not what we had planned our life to be, but once it's over, it's over. I just needed to know I could move forward on my own. Gentle thoughts...

Sharon

Jody

Jody from Illinois. Hang in there. This is one thing that I haven't been thru, but I have had friends who have and know how hard it can be. Sending many hugs!!!!

everywoman

Ladies, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You know sometime there is no good guy and no bad guy, just two people with different paths to take. I genuinely like my husband. He is a nice guy. But that is where it ends. And right now I can't imagine living like roommates the rest of my life. He has accepted my choice. He is being really nice--because after all, he is the nicest guy I know. We are talking and handling things in a mature, adult manner. I'm not angry. He's not angry. He is hurt. But he can get over hurt. And he seems to understand that this is more about me than about him. So, that's it for now. We've got to decide on living situations---his sister---who is one nut short of a pecan roll---is going to start WWIII if he lets me keep the house. But, I can afford the payment and he can't. Jana will stay with me if I stay here or go with me if I go somewhere else. I've had the offer of a friend's guest house if I need to stay there. I've got some other friends with property who will let me stay if I need to. So, I'm fine. It's not going to be easy. We've been married 23 years. But, I think we will both do our best to make this as painless as possible.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
EW, I feel as if I'm reading what I would have written a few years ago. Be forewarned, you will grieve. I remember the immense feeling of relief that first year. I was practically giddy with relief and joy. It was the second year that I truly grieved the loss...and it is a huge loss after decades together.

I am grateful that my exdh and I tried to honor our relationship by being as gentle as possible with each other. You will be grateful, too.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Listen to you, rage, cry. I'm good at all 3. :angel:

Suz