Circle of support for stressedmama

InsaneCdn

We've all been here, in some form:
http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f6/if-you-have-extra-patience-please-send-my-way-47446/

difficult child being ultimate difficult child, except that... it isn't totally difficult child's fault.
(broken arm... and next week is spring break... and difficult child and stressedmama are... going crazy)

Can we cobble up some juju, patience, calm, and a healthy sprinkling of creative supportive humour for stressedmama and her difficult child?

I'm sending a big box of patience, well sprinkled with fresh air!

T

TeDo

Sending all the support, good vibes, and caring as I can. Take care of yourself above all else!!

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. The humor is needed. I do find it funny at times. But it can be tiring and trying. She is trying every hard to keep her spirits up. We ended up at the barn twice today. Just tried to get difficult child and easy child to go to the movies because it is $5 and free popcorn night but neither were really interested.

DDD

Some times it is just like a tidal wave. You have to go with it because the darn thing is overwhelming. Here's to patience and survival. Hugs. DDD

crazymama30

Hang in there even if you hold on by your fingernails. Just remember, this too shall pass, that saying had gotten me through many tough times

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. Of course I just realized I forgot to give her her Abilify earlier. Guess she will be staying up for awhile longer. Oh well. She is happy that easy child is back from Florida, so maybe they will do something together tomorrow during the day. We have family therapy in the evening. I am sure she will complain about having to do that too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That will be nice for them to hang out together tomorrow-will it give you a chance to relax on your own?

I never really cared for family therapy, I can understand why she'd want to skip it, especially if easy child is around. But oh well, tough boogies.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I will make you feel REALLY good about that cast. difficult child Dude broke his forearm when he was 11. I took him to the ER. ER said "We don't fix bones you have to see and orthopaedist." Okay so we go there. They look at him - and cast his arm. The bill was $2500.00 and change. I was the only one working....and set up payments.

Dude wore it to school, wore it home, went to school - came home and hacked it off his arm with my best set of kitchen knives and a butter knife and a screwdriver. (all ruined except for the screwdriver) TWO DAYS after he had the cast on....TWO BLOODY DAYS. Took him back to the doctor - he REFUSED to have a cast put on, they had to pappoose him.....the doctor finally said 'Not worth the hassle" wrapped it with gauze, put it in a sling, and sent him home told him to watch for swelling, and gave him 800 Mg Ibupopin. He cried on and off for over a year at the pain. - THAT was a pain.

SO I feel for you - and it's like I told the doctor - "IF ANYONE in this house should be getting drugs? It should be ME!!!!!!" And after the stroke I got them!!! (rallys with fists in the air and fake yeah)

I send you all the patience I have in storeage. I send you all the will I have to spare. I send you all the love that I can muster. I send you foam earplugs - I have a spare.

Hugs & Love
Star

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am sending my extra rhino-plated Warrior Mom armor! It's a little dented but it's really strong!