Cleaning lawn furniture

Nomad

Staff member
We have red nylon loungers on the patio in the back. They have black spots all over them. I seem to recall in the past scrubbing them out with soft scrub. NO dice this time. I think it could be dirt mixed with mildew. I don't know. Since the material is red, i hesitate to use bleach. Anyone have any ideas to try????? Thanks.

Scent of Cedar *

Hi, Nomad :O)

We have been using spray-on bathroom cleaner with mildew killing ingredients. Even the refrigerator handle, which is kind of a soft plastic, seems to harbor mildew. This takes care of it. I think any brand would do. husband bought something at the Dollar Store because someone native to here recommended the bathroom cleaner with mildew killer.

It works great for lawn furniture, the tops of convertibles, boat seats, sometimes even grout, if the problem is mildew.

Another really good cleaning tool is rubbing alcohol. (Not for mildew.) Dilute it with water and a tiny drop of Dawn. Granite, faucets, windows, appliances, mirrors ~ the solution cuts through grease and leaves no streaks.

Fingernail polish remover will take off residue from stickers.

Hairspray will take ink out of fabric or leather.

Cedar

Try magic erasers. I had an ice chest with a white lid that sat outside and had dirt and mildew and it came right off. The only thing is that depending on the material your cleaning the erasers might start falling apart sooner then if used on just flat solid surfaces

Childofmine

one day at a time
I can't to get outside and clean lawn furniture, pull weeds and clean out the garage! :D That is the purpose of the long cold winter---to make us really, really appreciate the spring! More warm days ahead (I hope!). Today it will be 63 here.