Cleveland things to do

KTMom91

I was amazed that there are so many things to do here! All I knew about Cleveland was from The Drew Carey Show.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g50207-Activities-Cleveland_Ohio.html

I'd like to see the cemetery, the submarine, the zoo, the West Side Market, the Western Reserve Historical Society, and of course, the Great Lakes Brewing Company! Ooh, and Malley's Chocolate Factory!

Just found the lighthouses! I love lighthouses! http://cleveland.about.com/od/clevelandattractions/ss/lighthouses.htm

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Mary, you might have to extend your trip beyond the weekend if you want to see ALL of those sights! :rofl:

slsh

member since 1999
Did someone say chocolate factory????? And a brewery???? Hey, if we can find a coffee factory, I may just have to move there!!!! :rofl:

Nancy

I grew up very near the West Side Market and loved to shop there with my parents years ago. It is an interesting blend of ethnic vendors.

Just to throw it out, the Cleveland Indians play the Seattle Mariners that Saturday at home.

The Science Museum is not far from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but it may be more interesting to younger people. Malley's factory tours are only open Mon thru Fri.

Keep the ideas coming, I am thinking too. Like I said depending on what time we go to the R&RHoF we can go down to the river and eat at Shooters and watch the boats pull up with all the hot, young people on board.

Since the Indians are in town we would want to get there probably between lunch and dinner to avoid the crowds and get out before the game lets out.

I can also check to see what plays/musicals are in town that weekend.

Nancy

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
we go to the R&RHoF we can go down to the river and eat at Shooters and watch the boats pull up with all the hot, young people on board.

This appeals to me, the game doesn't but more power to those it does.

The question is - transportation. We might want to assess who will have cars to transport folks and who has flown in and will need a ride to various places.

Suz

Nancy

Suz,

I was thinking the same thing. After we find out who is coming we can figure out how many cars we have. That can be one of the discussion items in our email ring.

Nancy

There are so many things to do in Cleveland! You guys are going to have a great time.

I lived there a number of years ago in Coventry when I was in college. There's great "artsy" shopping there if you have time to get by there. I really miss my little neighborhood.

I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Valerie

DammitJanet

I know I will have a car, EW will have a car, Fran will have hers, obviously Nancy will, busywend will have one, I think Daisylover will have one. I cant think of any more off the top of my head. Oh...probably step2.

DammitJanet

So we get to meet the infamous Duckie...how cool!

There is an off chance that we may have Keyana that weekend but I really dont want to bring her even though she would be good as gold. I dont know...all depends on what happens in the next months.

flutterby

Fly away!
If I'm able to come, I'll have a car. However, I plan on getting easy child and his girlfriend to come with me and I don't know what they'll be doing. And that means we'll probably come in his car which is a stick that even seasoned manual drivers have a hard time with. And I sure as heck can't drive it. I can't even start to move the darn thing without stalling it.

But, I'll have a car. :rofl:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sure there will be plenty of people to either drive you in their car, Heather, or who know how to drive your car! :p