CLONAZEPAM - medications

ME & THE BOYS

Hi there,

Went to the docs. She suggested I stop using Ativan and placed me on CLONAZEPAM (to help with my sleep deprevation).

Has anyone had any experince with this drug?

Thank you.

BusynMember

I've been taking it for years because my panic attacks were so bad I couldn't leave the house. It's been fantastic for me. If I take it during the day (which I usually don't) it still puts me to sleep. It's longer acting than Ativan, but in the same family. Hope this helps.

ME & THE BOYS

tHANK YOU FOR OUR REPLY.

DO YOU TAKE IT ONLY FOR PANIC ATTACKS? DID YOU INTITALLY HAVE ANY NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TAKING IT?
HOW MANY MG IF YOU DON'T MY ASKING?

I AM TAKING .5MG AT NIGHT (AS OF LASTNIGHT). I DID NOT SLEEP ON IT. MAYBE IT TAKES SOME ADJUSTING. ATIVAN DID NOTHING FOR ME.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLY.

P.S. ALL THESE DRUGS MAKE ME SCARED JUST TAKING THEM (PLAYING AROUND TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT DRUGS).

I DON'T EVEN KNOW AT THIS POINT IF LEXAPRO WILL BE GOOD FOR ME.

Sara PA

AKA Klonopin. It's a benzo like Ativan (lorazepam). Can be addictive. Because the body can adapt to it, it might take larger and larger doses to achieve the same results over time. It can also cause an opposite response from the one you are trying to get -- it can increase agitation and sleeplessness. Worked for a very short time for my son before it started being part of the problem and none of the solution.