Clonidine for hot flashes?!

TerryJ2

Who'd-a-thunk it?
I went to the dr yesterday (pap smear) and it's so interesting, the different point of view on dxes and medications he has from my GP.
He suggested one thing for hot flashes, then realized it conflicted with-something else I was taking. He can't give me estrogen because of my history of breast cancer. So he came up with-clonidine.
That's what my son takes for rages, I said.
He said he'd never heard of that b4. I said it's off-label of course.
So I'll pick up an extended release patch today and see how it goes. Maybe it will keep me in Happy Land.

M

ML

Keeping a hopeful thought it works! Too bad you can't take it just at bedtime cuz it also acts as a sleeping aid as well.

TerryJ2

So much for that. I only picked up one of the four. So I got home, opened the pkg, and found a circular sticky bandage with-no medications, plus a note that said: WARNING: No medication attached. Medication may be administered onto or under adhesive bandage."
I called the pharm and the actual medication was still in the box.
I'm sick with-a cold and have no desire to leave the house again.
Tomorrow is another day.

J

Junglelandmama

My sister uses Clonidine for hot flashes and it is really helping her. Good luck!! Hugs.

BusynMember

Terry, I have been on Paroxatine for years (it is an SSRI antidepressant). I am 57 and never had a hot flash in my life...lol. I swear it's the Paroxatene (SSRIs are supposed to be good for menopause). I also was never depressed, moody, forgetful, all the stuff I was prepared for. In fact, the Paraxitene (how do you spell it anyway...lol) has made this the easiest menopause on record :)