Cold weather lessons

Abbey

Spork Queen
I continue to relearn about cold weather. The temp here is -2, with a wind chill of -29. Wind is steady about 30mph. I made the WISE decision of bringing in two metal garbage cans with my bare hands. I was stuck to them for about a minute when I tried to put them down.:surprise: Now I have a 3/4 inch band on each of my palms that has been 'burned' in from the handles. That should look lovely in a day or so.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
You need to watch "A Christmas Story" about the dare to touch the metal pole with your tongue (in freezing weather). And I can't believe your first purchase after the cold hit wasn't a pair of thinsulate gloves..... or at least a pair of work gloves......... you poor warm weather baby............ a jar of vasoline or volunteer to demonstrate hand lotion?
Sorry for your bare hands......

Abbey

Spork Queen
It wasn't my tongue, doofus. HANDS. And yes, as a kid I did do the tongue on the pole thingy. You'd think that would be deeply ingrained in my memory. Nope.

So, now I have nicely matching stripes on my palms. Maybe I'll be the new trend setter. If I did it right, I could have put little letters on the handles so I could have a semi tatoo. The big thing that bothers me is the stripes cross my lifeline. Oh, geez.

(Star, quit changing your avatar. It confuses us elderly.)

Abbey

Andy

Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch!

We have wind chills of -50 degrees. Hope that info makes you feel warmer!

My daughter just walked a block for a friend to pick her up. He never showed. Now her other friend is planning on taking the little car and coming to get her on roads that jeeps will find a struggle!

All because some idiotic professor 30 miles away is telling his students that if they don't get in today for a finals test it will be an automatic failure for the class!

My daughter needs to babysit while her friends attempt to get to the next town over.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
On second thought, I think your hands could be the beginning of some great tatoo stories at work?????????

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Deb, if it makes you feel any better, our high yesterday was 64 around 3pm. It was 30 at 8pm, and I woke up this morning to 6.

58 degrees in less than 12 hours

I'm feeling your pain.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Least you didn't sit on it, while taking a rest from shoveling. While wearing yer' full length button up long johns... red of course. Or maybe candy cane striped...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto is bad. Corner time. Now.:mad:

My stripes are now a fluffy white. Maybe I could decorate them.

Shari...if it was 64, I'd be out in my bikini. (Blinders on for those who would be offended.)

Abbey

F

flutterbee

I couldn't get past the metal garbage cans. I didn't know anyone still had those. :tongue:

One word, Abbey: Gloves.

Andy

It's warming up here. Is now -13 with a predicted high of 0. Wind chill has warmed to -30 degrees.

difficult child is aching to play on the snow mound made by the plow but neighbor boy doesn't have snowpants yet this year so those plans are on hold.

KTMom91

Wow...the hailstorm just passed, it's about 45 degrees, and I'm actually cold. I had to wear a jacket at school today.

Andy

Now we have -17 with windchill of -29. The high was only -8. Expected to get -25 by midnight. I need to find my hat and mittens for tomorrow!

Google weather for Fergus Falls, Minnesota

klmno

Are you sure that isn't supposed to be "Fergus Freezes"? Because I can assure you, klmno would freeze!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Abbey, did you NOT read all the posts where we gave you cold weather tips? Cause I'm pretty sure that somewhere in there, GLOVES were mentioned!!! :slap:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've dropped about 30 degrees today. From almost 60 degrees to now 24 degrees. And that wind is cold!

I didn't wear a coat to walmart to finish xmas shopping for grands because I'd had the windows open this morning. By the time I got out of walmart it was cold and the wind there was cutting right thru.

Abbey, I imagine a thick hat, scarf, and a pair of those polar gloves are necessary where you are.:frozen: A pair of good insulated boots would also probably be a good idea since you're using public transport.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had more than a 40 degree drop in temps from yesterday to today. Yesterday it poured-today the extreme cold-tomorrow we are suppose to get up to 6 inches more snow-by Thursday they are calling for freezing rain and snow!

Abbey-get some gloves on! OUCH! I'm sorry you are in pain.