Colonoscopy prep (I know...gross but info appreciated)

BusynMember1

I will try to make this short lol.

I have a long colon (24 inches) so to get squeaky clean...haha...I have to do two preps in two days. Fun, right?

My doctor prescribed the mirolax/ Gatorade prep plus four dilcolaxes. I had this once but it didn't do the trick so now I am taking the same prep both wonderful Wednesday and wonderful Thursday and the colonoscopy is Friday at 8 a.m.

Please no sympathy lol. Gotta do what I gotta do. But I don't remember how bad this prep was. If I recall it wasn't THAT bad. Anyone willing to share their experience with this particular prep? I'm not worried about the test itself. I'll be in well deserved Dreamland.

Thanks for anyone willing to share.

AppleCori

Hi Busy,

When I had my colonoscopy, I was prescribed that awful tasting stuff from the pharmacy. I started drinking it in the evening, I think it was one cup every ten minutes until half the gallon was gone, then the other half early the next morning. My colonoscopy was around one in the afternoon.

They didn’t comment upon the length of my colon, so I assume it was within the average range. I was cleaned out way before I finished the stuff. I had eaten only low-fiber foods for the previous three days, and I was careful to eat as little as possible so that I didn’t have too much in my stomach when I started the cleanse. It’s not too bad if you get it really cold and suck on a lemon drop before drinking to get your taste buds dulled. I believe I drank a drink of Sprite afterwards to get the taste out of my mouth.

I have used Mirolax on occasion, as that is what my doctor suggests for constipation and it is easy on the system, not causing stomach cramps or any adverse reactions. I’m not a Gatorade drinker, so I don’t know anything about that, but it can’t be any worse than the stuff they give you from the pharmacy.

I don’t think the prep is bad, or any big deal at all. The worry about how bad it might be is definitely worse than the cleanse itself.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I have a regular sized colon (LOL) and I did not drink all of the liquid and it was fine.

I talked to people that said they were vomiting because it was just too much liquid. I was cleaned out fine thankfully!

Oh and I woke up during the procedure which was not fun. I was not happy that they did not give me enough of whatever to keep me out the entire time. It was at the end but still.....

Copabanana

How did it go Busy? Do you have your results by now? I had to do 2 preps. The first one didn't work. I was rescheduled and I had to do it again. And fast an extra day. Grateful it was over.