colonoscopy

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
well I finally went through with it. The prep was the worst, other wise I am just really tired. They removed a small polyp and said I have divloticliousis and some inflammation. He said he biopsied some tissue so I guess we'll see.

It has only been 10 years of me putting this off. Now I have mammogram at the top of my list, sigh...... right after MRI of my Liver and possible biopsy. I stopped taking the thistle by the way and I am still hivy, I am wondering if it's not new fabric softner?

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
truthfully it was not that bad, I say this for anyone who's terrifed (like I was) it's do-able, if you've given birth, this is a piece of cake!

susiestar

Roll With It
The liver biopsy won't be that bad. My mom has an inherited form of cirrhosis and has one every other year. It just is something you gotta do. Mom stays at a hotel across from the hospital the night before, takes a taxi and then they put her in a taxi to go back to her room to recover. She won't let anyone go with her - it is her "vacation" and she just vegges out, has room service,etc... This Doubletree has a discount for people who do this and really pamper them.

She also does it for colonoscopies (cause we are 1 1/2 hours away from the hospital where the good doctor is!) because she doesn't want to disturb the cats by taking over the bathroom where their litter pan is (one of them). The oldest cat only uses THAT litter box and he is deserving of the pampering (he is 18 now!). And mom doesn't have to listen to dad's jokes about buying stock in Cottonelle.

PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING THROUGH WITH IT!!

Love, Susie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad you got through it :) Hopefully the polyp and inflammation won't be anything to worry about. Diverticulosis is very common in our society of the Standard American Diet (aka not enough fiber!) -- I've got that too. If the biopsies come back without any major concerns, you probably won't have to do this again for several years, maybe not even until you are 50... yay!

JJJ

Amaze,

Glad to hear it isn't so bad. I'm scheduled for one on Friday and a mammo at the end of the month (we must be close in age).

Nancy

I have been putting this off for years. I know I should have it done but I'm not at all looking forward to the prep. I have enough problems in that area from my lactose intollerance so I am so not excited to do this. I had the test maybe 20 years ago and remember the prep as being awful.

Glad you got through it. The mamo will be easy compared.

Nancy

M

ML

Good girl!! Do followup with the mammogram too. I'm glad you are taking care of you! You inspire me to do some of the things for myself I've been putting off.

Abbey

Spork Queen
YEAH, YEAH!!! You went through it!!!!:bravo:

The mammogram is a piece of cake. Just a few seconds of having those tatas flattened like a cake and you're all good. I never knew my tatas could go so flat.

I think I could do the liver biopsy before the colonoscopy.

But then again, I'm a wimp.:916blusher:

Abbey

DDD

I'm still trying to find a Doctor who allows you to use the pills for prep instead of drinking that gross stuff. It literally makes
me sick to my stomach. Someone here provided the name of
the pill but all the MD's around here are "into" the fluid prep!
Yuk! DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
DDD, I'm tellin' ya: ask for MIRALAX!!! It's OTC and works GREAT -- even for kids. That's what my difficult child 1 used for his scope in April and it was the easiest prep he's ever had.