Company snitch....ahhh yes...

mom_to_3

Good for you Star! Drag him along as long as you can......................!

I encounted a snitch myself yesterday. :( I didn't feel well yesterday, so decided that that would not be the best day to come up with a solution. I got an email from my boss that I needed to be filing something that I don't have a spare second to file and in fact our clinic should have gone paperless some time ago. I don't know who spoke to my boss to clue her in, but her actions let me know today. I decided to go to the top dog, The DOCTOR and asked him if he indeed wanted that info in the patient charts or was it enough to be in the computer chart? And I relayed that the other 4 small clinics related to us, send their info to the main hospital to be scanned by medical records, etc..... My snitcheroo was standing outside the door, leaning her ear inside the office, just being about as obvious as one could be. The doctor is thinking about it. That's all I asked for, if for it to al least be considered. Why couldn't the snitch just come to me and ask about it? I am approachable and we do speak thru out the day. You're right, they might want to reconsider when they tangle with a LEO. Go sic um girl!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I like the tape idea....(note to self) I swear Donna I thought you were going to tell me the old Scotch trick worked. I'm thinking - Man I bet it does. Come in all liquored up. Yeah THERE would be a day no one would want to be in the office ....me on Scotch. lol. Tape or otherwise. haha.

I think stinging nettles in the toilet paper is a good idea too. WHO SAID THAT?

EW - Ya know - we have ENOUGH problems here in SC right now. lol. Makes you just want to scream - YOU'RE A LIAR. rofl. OMG seriously how many people have YOU told you're from New Mexico or Canada lately?

Crazy - Yes you are correct. Enough rope usually does hang oneself but in the mean time....plotting never hurt. And apparently paranoia is :sad-very: horrible.

M23 - Good 4 you! I wish I could go to the top - but the TOP is part of the good old boy network that BELIEVES everything the pooper and the snitch tell. I swear sounds like I'm writing about a Harry Potter sport. The topper,pooper and the snitch.

GCV - stars are balls of gas. ;) Concentrated we can be flame throwers..lol. No they have no idea...nada...zip. None.

Mstang - I DID - it wasn't bugger. I'm trying to clean up my act and pass the torch. CHILDREN READ THIS BOARD. :angel3:hahah. haha ha. haaa. ahem.

Dammit - Snitchy, brown-noser, back-stabber. That about covers it. SBNBS...Dude said to use a frowning snowman holding a pistol sideways that says snitches are B's. I'm thinnin' I want something with a little more....ghetto fabulous.

Susie* - Thank you for being furious on my behalf. It's nice to share. :laugh:. I won't answer the what kind of idiot. I have no good answer. As to the DF question. Looks like we're headed for operation #6....and possibly divorce before marriage. :faint: I can not do another surgical rehab. I can not do another surgical rehab..repeat 1000 times. Can I come stay wit' you please? (said like donkey to Shreck?) We can stay up late all night swappin stories and in the morning I'm makin' waffles.

klmno - he can HAVE my job - I offered it to him - ordering supplies, doing the books, cleaning out the toilets....and I'll take HIS triple mine paycheck. Fair deal he gets the title I get the treasure.

Daisy - I WAS in witness protection. They found me anyway. :surprise:

Mstang - it wasn't the mob. It was my x.

3 shadows - The sign went over like DUST in the wind....all we are..is....

Loth - If I could - I would too. This was a nice place mostly, until....and then...lol

Yeah - I'm going to have to do some real PARANOID things tomorrow....and only when he's looking...lol. :angel3:

KTMom91

Wow, Star...we had this kind of stuff going on at the govt agency that collects your taxes (not to name names), but not to that extent. I had my deskmate going through my locked desk drawers, and then she filed a complaint when she found the very rude note I'd left in the drawer. I filed a counter complaint, saying she wouldn't have seen the note if she hadn't gone through my locked desk.

You've gotten great ideas, and I know you have several more under wraps until just the right moment.

susiestar

Roll With It
If he is going to go through your drawers why not put a set mouse trap, the spring kind, in a drawer. Just make sure it is big enough to allow it to slam shut on his fingers. Make a BIG show of sealing an envelope or file (write or stamp CONFIDENTIAL on it ) and put it in the bottom of a fairly empty drawer. Put the trap on top.

If it goes off tell him you have had a problem with finding mouse droppings and you put out traps all the places you saw mouse poop. You didn't expect anyone to snoop through your desk drawers.

Enjoy rattling him. Sorry DF is facing another operation.

Hugs.

Susie

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
*Stella*, are you 100% sure that these asini (sorry, I know you love the species) cannot read your posts to this board when you are at work? My paranoia (Greek word) is running deep these days and you recently posted about the patrician donkeys who were getting away with all kinds of droppings. How much do you really need this job? I could plot all kinds of false evidence with you (hey! It worked for the US in their war with the Japanese...) but I would hate to see you get hurt in the process. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.

Huge hugs!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Not sure that they don't read. Hope they do. Maybe they will get all the 411 they need to GROW UP. :tongue: OR ....they will know how I'm plotting to put nettles in the toilet paper. :surprise:

Gifts are being offered up today .......lol. Suspicions are rampant. Oh my - why is she so QUIET????

Dude is off to catch a batch of mosquitos as we speak.

:laugh:

donna723

Do you have poison ivy or poison oak in your area? I would think a little of that rubbed on certain things (like a toilet seat?) might get an interesting reaction! Of course, you would have to explain why you were wearing latex gloves and why you are now using the restroom at the gas station! :D

Marguerite

Star, go carefully. This is not a game. You have a sociopathic colleague. I speak form experience. And if your co-worker has confirmed tat this has happened before, then this idiot has form.

Now, sociopaths in the workplace are not uncommon. Also, mostsociopaths are law-abiding, if only because they don't want te inconvenience of going to jail for anything. But tey DO brak social rules if they feel it is to their advantage to do so. They are cannyenough, careful enough, to make the system work for them personally.

When he tells you he is working as a manager - call in te boss, in front of this bloke, and ask the boss to please confirm who is manager. But if there is the faintestchance that your boss is beleiving the rubbish the sociopath is spreading, then don't do it in front of him, go to the boss privately and say, "I wish to clarify some things." Also point out to the boss (if osmething like that alleged hour-long conversation comes up) exactly what you told us. First, it was half an hour. Second, you were still getting work done plus you don't do this as a regular thing and you DO put in extra time for any time off you take. And until now, you hve not been in the habit of 'dobbing in' othr workers because you have felt the boss has better things to do, as long as the office is running sufficiently smoothyl. But you are concerned at the vibe you're getting form this bloke, you have caught him listening at doors and going through your stuff when he should have been focussing on getting his own job done. If he has the time to spare to snoop, then perhaps he needs some more things to occupy him?

Set small traps by all means, but don't make your discovery of them obvious. Don't leave rude notes with any obscene words, he will find a way to use it against you He will accuse YOU of wasting office time in petty mind games and paranoia.

Of course, tat doesn't mean you can't set up something that with hindsight, does not look like a trap but functions like one. By all means confirm privately to yourself with the stickytape test, if he is snooping. Then find some otherwise innoccuous chemical which is freely and legally available, but which stains your fingers indelibly. I'm thinking, potassium permanganate. husband will advise when he checks this link, or I'll ask him. Put some in a paper envelope in your drawer, do not seal the envelope (I don't think) but if it's one of those envelopes which you close with a piece of string wound around buttons - that sort of seal will be good. But nothing sticky or that needs slicing open. Put some paper in there too, with writing on it. Anything innocuous, perhaps the manufacturer's data on the chemical. Then leave it in your drawer. Mark the envelope with something truthful but tempting, such as "Private and personal."

And make sure you have a valid reason for having potassium permanganate in the drawer. Perhaps a small amount you bought for a school project for Dude...

And do make sure that you don't have any really important papers in the drawer as well. or perhaps make sure you DO (but have a private stash of clean copies) because that powder stains purple when it gets damp, say on sweaty fingers...

And elsewhere, make sure you have a bottle of 2% hydrogen peroxide, it's brilliant for getting that purple stain off your skin...

Hopefully husband will check the accuracy of this for me, he may even have better ideas.

In the meantime, keep on being a decent, upstanding citizen in the workplace. And take the boss quietly into your confidence, especially AFTER the purple skin thing, if it works. Take photos if you can. If you can get a photo of him snooping by your desk - great!

But go easy. This isn't high school silly games. A sociopath in the workplce can do a lot of damage to a business, purely in their own zeal to get promoted way above their own personal capability. They will tell bigger and bigger lies in their attempts to cover their tracks and having no conscience, will not hesitate to shaft anyone who gets in their way professionally or personally. I even had such a person spike my drinks at office parties, and had some hash brownies given to me (without telling me what they were) for afternoon tea one day. I had stayed in to work, while the others went out to lunch with the sociopath. They all came back late and I think sociopath was angry because the boss had sprung them all sneaking back from lunch at 4 pm. Sociopath blamed me and slipped me the bikkies. Thankfully, the boss never knew. I had the weekend Occupational Therapist (OT) recover, but I did have to drive hom throuh peak hour trafficc, with three kids in the car, knowing I was "under the influence" and dodging telegraph poles that kept leaning over trying to tangle my car as I drove past...

Go carefully, Star.

Marg