Conduct Disorders Annual Cheers, Jeers & Tears Mother's Day Thread

DammitJanet

Oh I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid. That is on my Bucket List...lol. I have had hand mixers that I got at family dollar over the years and they last a year or two and then they fall apart. I hate the stupid things but Tony cant figure out why I think a stand mixer is any better. After all...I dont cook!

Lothlorien

We are going to church on Sunday morning. We are going out to brunch with father in law and his girlfriend. It's at the country club and they always have things to do for the kids, so the moms can relax. Missy always either manages to get hurt or have a meltdown or she's just miserable over something. I'm not expecting it to be any different this time, but I still enjoy the day somehow. The food is excellent and since husband is driving, I'll have a cocktail (or two). I'll come home and take a nap if the kids are arguing and then I'll make a late dinner.

I have to call my aunt, which is the tricky thing. She raised me until I was 9. She's very miserable. She hates mother's day and she's managed to alienate everyone, but me. I don't even know what to say to her anymore. I sent her a gift basket that arrived already.

Mutt, you have to explain. I'm dying to know now.

muttmeister

Suz - it wasn't his idea, it was his wife's. And she wasn't his "girlfriend" until AFTER wife moved her in and said it was OK. I think he thinks the whole thing is a little weird but, being the difficult child he is, he's decided to go along and "enjoy" it while he can. I don't ask a lot of questions as I really don't want to hear the answers. I feel about my kids' sex lives now that they're married, kinda like I felt about my parents'. If he offers any details I will probably put my hands over my ears and do the la, la song really loud. LOL

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid. That is on my Bucket List...lol. I have had hand mixers that I got at family dollar over the years and they last a year or two and then they fall apart. I hate the stupid things but Tony cant figure out why I think a stand mixer is any better. After all...I dont cook!

I have one Janet, and I can tell you that I hardly use it. I prefer the hand mixer, actually. easy child uses the kitchenAid way more than I do. I have the meat grinding attachment for when I used to make my own dog food and that was cool. The only time I use it is at Christmas to make large batches of cookies. In between, I dust it as it sits in the corner of my counter. Can't wait to get a new kitchen so I can put it in a cabinet.

muttmeister

i use my Kitchen Aid all of the time. In fact, I have a cake in the oven now that I used it for. Don't know what I'd do without it.

When my kids were little I bought a stand mixer (don't remember what kind) and on the stand also fit a blender, a food processor, and an ice cream maker. It was wonderful while it worked; saved lots of space and some money BUT when it quit, I had to buy a new everything at once. I'll never do that again.

H

HaoZi

Kiddo didn't even realize tomorrow was Mother's Day until I told her. The best I can hope for is that she helps me clean up the apartment with a minimum of fuss and that I actually have the energy to get it done.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
i use my Kitchen Aid all of the time. In fact, I have a cake in the oven now that I used it for. Don't know what I'd do without it..

Before I had, I wanted one desperately. After I got it, I used it all the time. Then I found a hand mixer that I love and that hasn't died (knock on wood). It is def a good power tool to have!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a stand up mixer that isn't a kitchenaid - but it was from HSN - and I love it - when I cook. (not often) but for baking it's tops. Then I have a hand blender (actually two unless witz wants the moulinex) and a hand mixer - that is so high powered - but after I had it sitting on the counter one time - went to lick the beaters and accidentally hit the on button and twisted my tongue in the beaters? I don't like it so much any more. You can't do that very easily with the stand up mixer - unless you're really flexible - so me and my tongue like it better. Tongues bruise for a really long time.

SRL

I'm having visions of difficult child's everywhere running out and buying wire wisks and hand mixers for Moms everywhere...si as a public service announcement I want to add that anyone reading this thread should adhere to the "No presents with cords" rule for Mother's Day, unless it's something Mom requested. :vacuumsm:

Speaking of mixers, after I finish loading my the second load of dishes today, finish making dinner, and throwing in another load of laundry, I'll be firing up my mixer to rock on those Mother's Day desserts :rollingpin:I get to make for My Special Day tomorrow.

Only 4 1/2 hours until My Special Day begins! Anyone game to count down with me tonight for the non-celebration?:warriorsmiley:

SRL

Update--Only 3 1/2 hours until Mother's Day begins! I've finished loading the dishwasher and made dinner. Now I'm heading out to clean the rabbit cage.

Anyone else with pre-noncelebratory non-excitement to report?

tiredmommy

I worked today at the pharmacy and I'm heartened to report that I saw more grown men in the card aisle today than I did on February 13th. But does that mean that men love their moms more than their wives?

So my Mother's Day is looking up. Not.

husband, Duckie and I were at a dinner/basket raffle with older sister-in-law and her boyfriend. Youngest nephew was home with mother in law, father in law and developmentally disabled sister-in-law. Nephew calls to say that father in law and daughter sister in law were screaming and fighting, swearing at each other and he's freaked. daughter sister in law threw a can of pop at father in law (made a huge mess) and went outside and kicked a dent into father in law's car. Then she took off so father in law took off after her. This leaves freaked out, not-quite-13=year-old nephew at home alone with his very ill grandmother.

We rushed back, calmed nephew down and father in law came back. Then daughter sister in law came back and insisted we have a family meeting. of which I endured.

I need a drink. Or maybe two.

SRL

So my Mother's Day is looking up. Not.

husband, Duckie and I were at a dinner/basket raffle with older sister-in-law and her boyfriend. Youngest nephew was home with mother in law, father in law and developmentally disabled sister-in-law. Nephew calls to say that father in law and daughter sister in law were screaming and fighting, swearing at each other and he's freaked. daughter sister in law threw a can of pop at father in law (made a huge mess) and went outside and kicked a dent into father in law's car. Then she took off so father in law took off after her. This leaves freaked out, not-quite-13=year-old nephew at home alone with his very ill grandmother.

Ugh, I'm sorry it was such a hard day. :sochildish:If I'm reading this right, the teen is calling to report the adults are acting like out-of-control children?

I need a drink. Or maybe two.

I am so with you, Sister! Though I'm really having trouble finding a beverage emoticon that fits this sentiment. They're all so...happy. :bpotd::wine::happy_new_year::st_patrick:

SRL

Yes, SRL. I advised him to go upstairs to his room, close the door and play video games until we got there asap.

Thank God there was one adult in the house. Even if he was 13.

My cat went all out and let me sleep in until 4:45 am this morning!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't ask a lot of questions as I really don't want to hear the answers.

Smart move, Mutt. My life lost a lot of difficult child-drama when I learned not to ask questions I didn't already know the answer to. I agree about the "LA LA" song- sometimes that's the best way to go! :thumbsup:

Suz

tiredmommy

That's also what we do here with the adult difficult children in our extended lives. I'm not dragged into the problems then.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Let's see... So far today I have gotten to make my own coffee and put the corn in to soak.

husband and Onyxx are still asleep. Jett is up, but... I have to admit he DID feed the cats - when I asked. I guess this is better?

Bio-gma showed up last night, and Onyxx asked if she could invite her over for the cookout. Um. Yeah, I guess. I'll be protected - mother in law and my parents will be here... LOL... No, she's their gma and since she clearly loves them, I'll deal. We warned mother in law... This could be interesting. I just hope mother in law can keep her mouth SHUT about bio. (I wonder if it's the Alzheimer's, because she gets nastier and nastier... She was not happy about Onyxx having a job. Said she should stay home and get her act straightened up and get off the drugs. GRRR, the kid is CLEAN, and she is trying very very hard to get things together, for instance getting the JOB...)

About those mixers... This weekend so far I have used my KitchenAid for: mashed potatoes, mixing hamburger meat with seasonings, blueberry muffins, and cinnamon swirl bread. Seriously considering making more bread today.

I haven't used my hand mixer since Thanksgiving, when I taught Onyxx how to make mashed potatoes. Almost the only thing I used it for, then. It's a Hamilton Beach I think. Great shape even though it's about 11 years old! Barely used...

buddy

Well, here we are...mother's day. I try to focus it on my own mother since of course Q doesn't really "honor" me in any way. If someone cues him he might say happy mothers day but this has never been part of our lives. When he was little I liked it because I just was grateful to be a mom. This year.....his teacher helped him make a card which he threw at me in the car a few days ago. It is nice enough...had pictures of nature and one of him and then said happy mothers day on it. Yesterday he was really ugly and aggressive to me in the morning, then he went with his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker and Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) had him spend some of his money on a card and write an apology to me. I opened it and read it, said thanks and he gave me a hug, turned around and said "stupid B**** " . Nice.

My sisters and I always meet up to just have a picnic on mothers day. I get lots of love and hugs from my nieces and nephews. Hopefully Q will not fall apart and go into a rage. If he does then for the first year ever we will not be going to our family reunion. I just can't handle his going nuts in front of all of my relatives on my dad's side. Just too much.

My back and shoulders are all messed up. Too much ducking, shifting, trying to get away I guess. I just realized that since this is happening while I am working I could probably put in for workers comp, right? Will that come back to bite me in any way? I have never used that in all of my years of working but that is what I pay into it for right?

Well, here is hoping for a decent day. I am feeling super hormonal so not really looking forward to it.

Take care everyone....it is just another day.

StressedM0mma

Well, my Mother's Day has been like every other year so far. No acknowledgement. easy child had prom last night, so she won't be home until sometime after lunch I am sure. difficult child is still asleep, it is only 9:45 you know! And husband(not dear today) went out biking. So, I got to get up bright and early to tend to the dogs. So much for having one day to sleep in. NotD H is home now, and taking up the entire kitchen making food. (and a giant mess) for me you ask? No, of course not. For himself.
difficult child had mentioned earlier in the week that she would have to make me something as she has no money. I just wanted to say " how about you just be nice for a day, and do things when you are asked." But, that would be way too much to ask for.
I hate Mother's Day. Every year I get my hopes up, and every.single.year. I am disappointed. After 18 of them you think I would learn. But, every year I hold out hope. And every year I end up in my room in tears. And every year I go all out for Father's Day, so it is not like NotD H doesn't know what to do.
Having a pity party for one here if anyone would like to come over.