Conduct Disorders Annual Cheers, Jeers & Tears Mother's Day Thread

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I would like to send up lots of hugs to those of us whose Moms aren't with us anymore. I used to look forward to Mother's Day every year and would try to figure out a way to surprise her with something unique or something interesting to do. It has been many years now since she has been gone and I still shake my head in disbelief because I think of her every day.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. You are loved. :flowers:

Suz

buddy

Stressed, that breaks my heart. My dad would never let us get away without doing something for my mom on mother's day. He is a card kind of guy and even though they are divorced now, I do not remember ever not having mother's day plans. I want to come and smack your husband. Have you ever straight up sat down and calmly said (even before mother's day) that every year your heart breaks on Mother's day. It is the worst day of the year for you because you are ignored and discounted this way? What would they do? Is it just habit for them? Do you hide your feelings or do they know you are suffering like this? We should not have to ask to be appreciated when the media lets everyone know what day it is. Every store you go into makes it clear.

Maybe go into the kitchen and make a big deal out of husband's cooking....OH my gosh! after all this time you finally are making me a mother's day meal, I am so happy!!! Thanks honey... (act dumb and see what he does???)... ok not really right to play games like that but I admit it would be fun to imagine how he would handle it.

At least difficult child had the thought, uggg. Has she ever heard of paper/markers etc. to make a card?

What doesn't register to me is I had fun doing this kind of thing, still do. I love to look for the right card and to figure out a fun way to say thanks to my mom. My nieces and nephews want all of us to see what they made for their mom when we come over. It is just frustrating that so many of us have not so much as a hug and I love you on mother's day from our immediate family.

rejectedmom

Wanted to let all you mom's out there know that I am thinking of you and hoping you find a bit of time for yourself today. It is so hard being mom to a difficult child. You are all amazing! I'm sending you cyber hugs, and roses, and cand,y and a maid, what ever else your heart desires. :flowers: :morethanchocolate: :hypnotized:

rejectedmom

Stressed, When my kids were small husband never did a thng for me for Mother's day. When I asked him why he told me I was not his mother. I replyed that no I was not but that I was the mother of his children. It was not until they went to school and could make their own cards that I started getting them. Like you I always made a big fuss over him on father's day and his birthday but it was not the same for me. So I stopped doing for him and eventually he realized that it hurt and now we do for each other as it should be.

StressedM0mma

difficult child got up when I asked her to, and came outside and helped me pull weeds and trim bushes. NotD H mowed the lawn(which is normally something I do)-the front at least. easy child got home not long ago, and brought me a card, and a white rose bush. She remembered that cream roses are my favorite, but the store didn't have cream so she got me a white one.
difficult child is looking up recipes to make dinner, but it is weird stuff like chilled herb soup. I told her I was fine with spaghetti. But she wants Occupational Therapist (OT) make something new. That scares the **** out of me, because when it turns out gross(Because she likes to add and subtract or change things) I will have to pretend to love it or she will pitch a huge fit.
When I came in from weeding, I wanted to make lunch, bit NotD H was commanding the kitchen again because he was so hungry from riding, he had to "eat now or I'm going to die". I realy should learn to have low expectations, but each year I get my hopes up.
And, yes he knows it bothers me that he does nothing. I have told him for years. He obviously does not feel it is that important. And, that is what hurts more than anything else. Esp. when he told me that he wants me to be dealing with difficult child primarily because he is too stressed out at work to deal with her at home too. Happy Mother's Day ladies.

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

(First the disclaimer: sorry I haven't been around much lately. Life has been stressful, and there has been enough extended family drama to last a lifetime. Interestingly, difficult child has been very well behaved throughout the whole mess, even though he's been in the centre of the action. I've been hiding out in the batcave -- my basement and computer sanctuary -- and coming out only when absolutely necessary)

Mother's Day - bleah!

So, in order of age and station:

• husband's stance has always been that Mother's Day is a day to celebrate his mother, and I'm not her. However, I am the mother of his children, and they can't get their act together to get presents without a SIGNIFICANT amount of help / hinting / harrassment. Which he doesn't do, because I'm not his mother and therefore Mother's Day is usually off his radar.
  • Step-D and her SO were over for their combined birthday dinner on Friday. It was All About Her (and a little bit about him), and so Mother's Day was not on the menu.
  • I've heard a rumour that difficult child has prepared something, but I have not seen or heard from him today so I will wait and see.
  • Little easy child, my child with a heart of gold, made me a little card which is prominently displayed in the batcave.
  • The Monster Tots are too young to do anything without the help / hinting / harrassment mentioned above.

After years and years of hosting a Mother's Day-Birthday-Birthday-Birthday-Birthday party (for mother in law, me, sister in law, brother in law, Step-D and her SO) during which no one so much as said "Happy Mother's Day" to me, I decided to down tools this year, and told husband that I wanted "No Fuss". Other than reminding husband to phone his mother, there have been no acknowledgments of the day at all. Surprisingly, I'm not feeling aggrieved by this, but relieved.

If it's just another day, then there's no reason for me to carry around any hurt or resentment about it not being made special for me.

Sigh...

DammitJanet

Well, I got my wish on NO BUCK!

Tony took my out to dinner last night and I have no idea if he is cooking anything today. He made pancakes for breakfast.

I know you said we couldnt share anything nice but I just have to. I received to lovely Mothers Day cards from friends and then Cory came in this morning and gave me a card that he said he looked very hard to find. I will copy the verse.

As a child, I didnt notice
what was right before my eyes-
but now that I'm a parent, I begin to realize
how many roles you've juggled
as a multitasking mom-
the challenges you've handled while remaining cool and calm
... the miracles you've worked to make the month and money meet,
and all you've sacrificed to make our family life complete.
And I just have to tell you, Mom, I'm proud of what see
and grateful that I have a mom who's done so much for me.

(he signed it)

I hope you know how important you are to us. We love you Love always, The M family McKenzie, Mandy, Cory and Keyana XOXO

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, let's see...

for my Mother's Day - bot kids "forgot" even though they have had plenty of hints and reminders.

DS hastily made a card and then set about offering to help around the house with all sorts of hings. (thumbs up!)

difficult child offered to make me breakfast. (thumbs up)

But - the kitchen was a mess because we had moved a whole bunch of stuff to the new house, and by the time we got home we grabbed a hasty dinner and pretty much went to bed. And difficult child didn't feel like cleaning anything before cooking the breakfast. So that means she grabbed a fresh pan (instead of washing one)...and she believes that "non-stick" means no cooking spray needed...

So, after my breakfast - I had a lovely stuck-on egg mess to clean. (thumbs waaaayyyy down!)

Sheesh! She's 17 - not 2!

And there was an argument with her brother over nothing - and an attitude for her father...

So it's a lovely holiday all around.

NOT!

At least husband is planning on cooking a nice dinner for me. (Hopefully, he won't leave the dishes!)

Tiapet

Old Hand
So I posted what was going to happen when I went out right? Well here ya go....

I leave at 2:30. First text message if from my oldest. "When are you coming home?" (3:15) that one didn't come to me but significant other. He didn't respond. She sends another to him he doesn't respond about 15 minutes later. I get one. "When are you coming home?" (4:07) I say why? "Bc I'm hungry" (she's 20). I tell her I'm @ the grocery store. "bring sushi" (4:12) Premade but none the less that WASN'T happening! "I hate {insert middle difficult child's name}" (4:23) "I honestly don't think Im going to give her her birthday present" - she bought her some earrings on her own (4:27)

I'm still trying to keep in my head the things I need to get at store and quickly finish shopping because I know this is escalating as I said, I knew this wasn't going to go well. I didn't end up even getting middle difficult child's birthday gift myself because the place did not have what I wanted and I learned a few things that changed my mind about the whole idea so now I have to go back to drawing board.

So back to home - oldest difficult child texts again (4:39)"When are you getting home?" A minute later middle difficult child calls on phone "Mom, {insert oldest difficult child's name while she is crying hysterically} is blaming me for everything, she's letting the dogs run loose in the house and they're fighting and she doesn't care. She locked herself in her bedroom and is just letting this happen and blaming me for everything. I'm in my room leaving her alone, I'm not doing anything". Mind you this difficult child is overly dramatic, doesn't usually say what is really going on accurately at all nor see things as they really are. Most likely what was happening was older sis was asking, perhaps demanding her to pick up her stuff and she was refusing so older sis was yelling at her to do it and yeah was probably calling her names. She might have retreated to her room momentarily and closed her door to keep her from snooping on what she was doing and to keep her out. The dogs generally do run through the house and they do play and Jasmyn is very vocal so she sounds aggressive but that's just how she is so middle difficult child always thinks they are fighting when in fact they aren't. It's older difficult child's dog and she is well aware of what is going on but middle on is always trying to control situations. That's my take on it. I ask middle difficult child what she would like me to do about it since I am at store? That the dogs probably are not fighting, she is in her bedroom and sis is in her's so just let her be for now. Not a big deal. If she would like me to get home faster then she needs to let me finish shopping so I can. She wasn't happy but said "whatever" and hung up.

Then SO takes over phone so I can continue shopping and texts back to older sis "What is she doing now besides talking on the phone {regarding younger sis because apparently she texted his phone too}" (this is 4:46 now). She replies "being a F**** C***. Telling me what to do. Starting with me. Refusing to take her S*** up to her room."(4:41) "But whatever. Clearly you guys are siding with {insert younger sis name} and don't care one bit that she has cords to hook up the phone in her room."(4:42). This would be the house phone she is speaking about that requires a base to charge. This is the only phone that younger sis is currently allowed to use but didn't have a base in her room, though we have one for it.

He texts back "Clearly siding? Based on asking what she's doing?" (4:46) Her "No from what she's saying. Whatever. I'm going to sleep they can do what ever.". Ok, they? young difficult child was apparently no even involved in any of this and probably happily playing a video game. He texts back "So can you rely on whatever she says? No more than we would."

When I'm in the car and on way home but had to stop at pharmacy for some cold medication for him as he's in side I text her and tell her "clearly we are not believing what younger sis was saying". She should know better.

When I got home the house did get cleaned as I suspected and I am both greatful and thankful. She managed to do it even with the conflict of her sister. She was up in her room when we got home. She came down after about a half hour still riled up and yelling at us over it, ranting and raving to which I just let her go. She finally settled down and calmed her voice about 7. Younger sis however still just kept up her mouth and refusal to do things and in a way did her normal antagonistic things. Youngest difficult child was still happily in video land. I had texted her a thank you and that I appreciated her cleaning up and I said it to her when she came from room.

I put the groceries away and put the rest of dinner together and it will be ready shortly now. This is all so very predictable in my house it's unreal. The level of mouth, attitude and LANGUAGE is just unreal and really needs to just stop! Certainly from a 20 yo. For the good, the language is just not good at all. It just influences the younger ones and they use it too then.

Ah well, another day done. Another MD like the rest gone by. I still have a few hours left. Maybe my bribe will work and they will settle in for the night. Oldest will be in her room so that won't be a factor. I just wanted to post so you can literally see exactly how it goes here at times and that it turned out exactly as I knew it would.......you do it enough you learn instinctively. LOL only it's just not funny anymore!

JJJ

I hate Mother's Day. Hated it through infertility, Hate it now. I don't even want to get into it. It just sucks.