Conduct Disorders Meet Up. Anyone interested?

Nomad

Staff member
I met a small group in Las Vegas once. It was lovely. Unsure if I could do it again. I think some good choices are: Orlando, Chicago and Las Vegas. Just so much to see and do in these places

BusynMember

But for those who come with little money, Orlando and Las Vegas are pricey if you want to see the sights. St. Louis is a reasonably priced city with things to do. Chicago offers many options. I am thinking of myself here...we would be coming in our RV and camping even if most stayed in a hotel.

Up for more suggestions. In the end, if we do plan this, not everyone will like the chosen location.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I went to the one in Cleveland as a pretty new board member, and it was a LOT of fun! Many of the people I became friends with are no longer active here. Close enough to me, and I might be able to attend!

Lil

Wow! This actually sounds like a lot of fun. It would be nice to put faces to the "names" of the people who have been so much help getting us thru all this. St. Louis is, for obvious reasons, awesome!

BusynMember

Anyone want to check in on St. Louis? My opinion is that the coasts are too far from too many people and also very expensive.

In the past I think they reserved a block of rooms at a hotel.

BusynMember

I will bring it up, plus the Christmas card exchange, later and say it will be in St. Louis in the summer of 2018. I will look up hotels and offer a date. If just I show up, at least I tried. Hub is shy...I can probably get him to come but he isnt talkative unless he is engaged.

Nancy

When we had it in Cleveland I booked a block of rooms at a hotel near the airport and scheduled a dinner in one of their large conference rooms. We planned several activities, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Zoo, can't remember the rest, and everyone chose what they wanted to do. We had a lovely time.

FranP

If there are some old timers going, I'd love to attend. I think we met in Vegas, Boston, California, Cleveland, Texas. I personally met several members in many states when I traveled. It's all good memories

Kathy813

Staff member
I just checked and St. Louis is only an eight hour drive from Atlanta. I would be willing to do that. . . just not during a time when there is any chance of snow. I don't drive in snow. In Atlanta, we just stay home until it melts.

BusynMember

I am thinking July or August. I dont want to drive in snow...I am trying to dodge the snow ;)

About the location: Most other meetings were usually in coastal areas, high cost, which ruled me out. I am trying for a more central location with moderate costs. Still, there is a lot to do in St. Louis.

Lil

July will be hotter than Hades in St. Louis...but since it's hotter than that here too (I'm only 2 hours away) it's fine. Stay FAR away from the 4th of July. The celebration there draws a few million extra people.