Conduct Disorders Meet Up. Anyone interested?

Lil

Missouri was 99% humid and near 100 last time I was there. You probably will sweat there. Thank God for air conditioning

It was rather unusual this year. But yeah...it's not Atlanta humid, but it's humid. And July I'd say 90's is not abnormal at all. So it'll be hot.

Right now it's 75 or less and BEAUTIFUL! Feels like Autumn at last...for a few days at least.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd have to take a pass on St. Louis in the summer, early spring or late fall is fine.

I can't handle the summers in Chicago or Milwaukee and I couldn't handle the summers in St. Louis before climate change got to the point it has now.

AppleCori

The joys of upper midwestern weather!

Cold winters, hot humid summers (no large, moderating body of water around), rainy springs.

The best time of the year is--right now!

Fall is often-but not always-in the 60's/70's and sunny. Sometimes it goes from hot to cold overnight, but most of the time we have a nice fall.

Actually, (in Iowa at least) July is the hottest month. August is sometimes moderate and coolish.

Hubby says summer is as hot here as in San Antonio, just not as long. Not sure about that, but it can get hot. I think it is hotter in summer than Kentucky, but not as brutally humid as South Carolina.

Lil

The best time of the year is--right now!

We are quite a bit south of you, but I agree. I love fall. I have other reasons besides the weather, but the cool crisp mornings and sunny days get me every time. I love jacket weather. Not coats - just jackets. lol I don't like it too cold either. I once had a boyfriend from north Iowa and he thought our lake (Lake of the Ozarks - a big lake) would freeze over in the winter. I found that hilarious! We seldom have ponds freeze over enough to walk on.

But give me high 40's to low 80's year-round and I'd be a happy girl. It's allowed to get cold enough to snow for two weeks - over Christmas. :)

AppleCori

We are quite a bit south of you, but I agree. I love fall. I have other reasons besides the weather, but the cool crisp mornings and sunny days get me every time. I love jacket weather. Not coats - just jackets. lol I don't like it too cold either. I once had a boyfriend from north Iowa and he thought our lake (Lake of the Ozarks - a big lake) would freeze over in the winter. I found that hilarious! We seldom have ponds freeze over enough to walk on.

But give me high 40's to low 80's year-round and I'd be a happy girl. It's allowed to get cold enough to snow for two weeks - over Christmas. :)

My first winter in Iowa was '06-'07, and it was a particularly cold and snowy winter.

It was fascinating to watch the fire department practice rescue drills on the river--and I mean literally ON the river! Vehicles and everything on the river! Totally frozen over! I though that was the most interesting part of the whole day.

My now-hubby, who has spent most of his life in Minnesota and Iowa, does not find this at all unusual.

Lil

My first winter in Iowa was '06-'07, and it was a particularly cold and snowy winter.

It was fascinating to watch the fire department practice rescue drills on the river--and I mean literally ON the river! Vehicles and everything on the river! Totally frozen over! I though that was the most interesting part of the whole day.

Yes, I laughed when the boyfriend told me that and said, with the confidence of complete ignorance, that there was no way that could happen because, "running water can't freeze". But, I'd been told my whole life that you leave water running just a trickle to keep pipes from freezing in the winter - so I thought that was true!

AppleCori

Yes, I laughed when the boyfriend told me that and said, with the confidence of complete ignorance, that there was no way that could happen because, "running water can't freeze". But, I'd been told my whole life that you leave water running just a trickle to keep pipes from freezing in the winter - so I thought that was true!

I always thought that, too.

Guess I didn't think about things like...icebergs...snow....freezing rain....

BusynMember

If this is a hint to have meet up in fall...i love fall, but I think more people are available in summer. Thus summer! :)

If anyone knows how or if you get a block of rooms in a hotel room, do share. Or I may just pick a weekend and let everyone find her own place. We can find a common place to meet at in the evening(s) like a restaurant. Hub and I will be camping.

Anyone more organized than me have better ideas? Feedback? Organization is not a strong point here...

Sam3

I like the common events and ala carte on rooms. That way everyone can budget how they want. Just be there, or be square!

Lil

St. Louis is really much more affordable than Chicago and there is a lot of reasonably priced things to do. The zoo and the Botanical Gardens can take all day. Lots of stuff.