Conduct Disorders Meet Up. Anyone interested?

BusynMember

Lil is right about St. Louis. I want people who want to come to be able to afford it. You can get priced out if you go to expensive cities.

Chicago is expensive. My son moved to the St. Louis area from Chicago and is pleased with the lower cost of living in St. Louis.

Copabanana

i would vote for cleveland but could not commit for sure because we would come by train from the west coast. we have more and more canadian members and i think it might be more accessible. as far as i know it is reasonably priced for a big city and public transit is good. lots to do.

philly is too expensive. but nice.

las vegas is not expensive. we paid like $35 for a hilton. that said it is not central for most and nothing is nearby.

there would be a hotel manager that would arrange a group rate, reserve a block of rooms and a meeting room.

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
How's the zoo set up for those who are limited in the amount of walking they can do? I had a real hard time at the KY Horse Park and was wiped out for a couple of days afterwards. (It was hotter than hell there as well)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Milwaukee might be another place to consider. Has a national caliber zoo, good museums, theater, etc. Hotels are cheaper and traffic, while weird, isn't as bad as Chicago.

Also has an international Airport that is usually cheaper to fly into than Chicago (though more likely to require a stop part-way) and decent bus transportation.

Also a good food town, and despite the piss-water we're known for, we do produce some damned good craft-brewed beer.

I volunteer to drive people around if we do it in Milwaukee, though can't put people up due to extremely small apartment.

BusynMember

Im okay with Milwaukee. I just wanted to make it more central.

Cleveland would be okay. I personally am camping no matter where we go. I think some people may want a block of rooms, but others may opt for cheaper accomodations. I really want everyone to be able to afford to come...and once there we could meet for dinner somewhere where we can all go.

Kathy813

Staff member
Milwaukee would add over 4 hours to my drive time. I like SWOT's idea of trying to keep it more central for members that aren't already in the midwest.

BusynMember

St. Louis is actually very nice. I remember many times i couldnt go because i knew the hotel would cost too much, and everything was in the hotel, and I could npt afford to fly to various coastal cities anyway. I want to make this open to all. Some people are going through hard times and need conveience and economy. I am going to recommend St. Louis. And then see what happens. If only three of us go, should still be fun. I am sure it will be much easier to reach out to one another if we know each other.

On the other hand, any region can do its own meet up. But it would be so fun to meet just once.

Copabanana

why not vote? this was broached as a site wide get together. not a regional one. of course there are international members....not everybody can be accommodated. i understand that.

it could be that st louis is the favored spot. when all is said or done. or not.

there have been a a couple of dozen posters who have shown interest. with a dozen possible sites. the next year many dozen more families could become involved. there is enough lead time to have a consensus. a conversation. a coming together.

Last edited:

Kathy813

Staff member
Copa, I don't see where anything has been decided. People are giving options and it is still being discussed.

I think a poll is a good idea, though.

BusynMember

Sure. But in the past in the end one person made all the arrangements.i dont believe anyone outside of the U S. ever came. There is no one place everyone is going to be able to go. I got good feedback on St. Louis...Lil, Kathy, Susie, Pas, others.

Copa, I am trying to find a good place for the most people. No place will be good for all. Doing my best. I wanted a centralized city, not too expensive. Never once did I say it SHOULD be localized. We can pick a different city each year, like we used to. Now if somebody else would like to take over, Im good with that. St. Louis is what I feel is a good central location. It is not for me, in my back yard. Milwaukee would be great for me, but I am trying to think of everyone...the best I can.

Nominations for a better place? We can start nominating cities for a poll. Then we can vote. So far I have Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland and St. Louis.

Last edited:

KTMom91

Copa, you and I can meet up in the town between us. They have a Starbucks, and we can sit there as long as we want to.

Copabanana

kt mom. what a marvelous idea!!

i do not drive freeways and don't much like highways either. but i can take the train south to the big city by you, if that would work.

kt mom. thank you.

Last edited:

Copabanana

st louis does check a lot of boxes.actually
all of them. a hub. central. reasonable. activities.

Last edited:

Nancy

I am in Cleveland where we had it several years ago. My preference would be to go somewhere else, not that I don't like my own city but it would be fun to check out another city. However if that is most central for most I would be happy to coordinate it again.

BusynMember

I apologize. I dont do drama. Not anywhere, even on this forum where I love you all.

If somebody else decides to organize a meet up, and it is doable, I will go :) I dont care where the decision to have it is!!

Last edited:

Copabanana

nancy. it is gracious the offer to coordinate.

i apologize swot.

of course it makes sense for the person who takes on responsibility to detemine the logistics. i did not understand.

Last edited:

BusynMember

I updated this in a new thread. Nancy, if you wish to take over, I personally can go to Cleveland. If you take over, it is fair to change the venue to that city. You are kind to offer.

Lil

Here's the thing...there's never going to a date and place that everyone can attend. I thought St. Louis was great, as it's pretty central to the country - granted, I'm less than 2 hours from there, so of course it's great for me, but it's not great for everyone. I know Jabber and I would not be able to go far, so if it were west of the Rockies, that would be a no-go most likely. I can see why folks there couldn't come to Missouri.

Maybe a couple could be planned, so that people wouldn't have to travel very far.