Conduct Disorders Meet Up. Anyone interested?

Copabanana

lil. that's already happening. ktmom and i are nearby. we will meet. i feel optimistic.

swot was right. if there is a nucleus of interest and somebody wants to take responsibility, they should.

there are clusters of us. if two or half a dozen get together it is a start.

BusynMember

I am going to stick with St. Louis. I dont know St. Louis that well, but at least I have been there a few times. I cant coordinate a place I have never even seen...if people want to go someplace I have never been to then it will have to be somebody elses project. I think most of the other places were too far from centrally located. Cant please everyone, agree, but also not going to start a board war. I like peace:). Most here have enough personal stuff to deal with and in my opinion dont need drama at this sanctuary.

Jabberwockey

I know Jabber and I would not be able to go far, so if it were west of the Rockies, that would be a no-go most likely.

Given enough notice, we could go pretty much anywhere. Would just need time to plan for it. That being said, obviously, St Louis is best for us but as its been said before, not everyone is going to be pleased with the choice of destination or even the timing.

A suggestion though? Rotate through east, middle, and west. Not trying to be mean to those across the pond but I think that its a foregone conclusion that our overseas counterparts are free to do this themselves and all are free to make that trip if they are in a position to do so. Knowing well in advance would make this easier to do though.

Nancy

SWOT I am afraid I did not make myself clear. I really have no desire to coordinate this since I have already done one. I am perfectly happy to have someone else do the planning lol. I just meant since cleveland was mentioned several times that if that was the city decided I could help coordinate....but truly my desire would be to have it somewhere new. Please donlt think I was trying to step into that roll.

P.S. I'm not into drama either ;)

BusynMember

I could not generate interest the second time I posted about it. If anyone still wants to go, I am up for St. Louis the first weekend of August.

Where do we stand, friends? I began a new thread about this. To avoid confusion please post there if you want to show up.

blackgnat

Hey, SWOT, I took your advice and obviously (!) am at the Watercooler, but am not seeing any signs of who still likes the idea to the extent that they might show up.

I know I was ambiguous in my last post on Parents Emeritus, I was thinking that nobody REALLY wanted to do it, which I totally get and accept. Have you heard /read anything different, or am I just in old-lady technology mode?

BusynMember

Lil has spiken of an interest. If we get together maybe others will come. You certainly could. I am running late on house moving right now but should be available the.middle of Aug. or can ebenove it to Sept. Id love to meet you. Can you PM me where you live? I forget. If its a close state maybe the tjree of us can do this. I know you once lived in Illinois and Im in Wisconsin.

Lil if you andbJab are interested PM me please. If anyone else is PM me. I would love to meet any of you.