Conduct Disorders meet up part Il

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SomewhereOutThere, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

In spring of 2018 I will PM everyone who expressed an interest in coming to a meet up with suggested time and place. We can PM discuss things if the place and time are not good for most. Hopefully we can make this happen in a friendly, giving way. It has been done before.
    I am only going to contact those eho expressed an interest in actually attending so if you are interested and did not say so, let me know in PM
    I am making a list.

Again, if somebody else jumps in and would rather do it, that is fine with me. If not, this is how I am going to handle it so "talk" to you then!!! ;)

2. Copabanana

Copabanana Well-Known Member

swot. it was i who muddied the waters. everybody was fine with the process. i will stay out of it. i am sorry. i believe you can continue publically without a problem. your choice.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  3. SomewhereOutThere

Thats okay, Copa.

I need a break from this right now and have plenty of time. I was just checking on if there is interest and can try again in spring 2018.

I am allergic to drama...lol ;)

4. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

So I posted on the other thread before I realized this one existed. Jabber and I are interested...time and place tbd of course. :)

5. SomewhereOutThere

Thats awesome. Id love to meet you two also!!

6. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

sounds like fun!

7. Sam3

Sam3 Active Member

I know text has no tone, but I didn't sense any drama. I just read it as a fun exchange of ideas. FWIW.

Anyway, please keep me informed too. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. SomewhereOutThere

The city was getting contentious and I wont go there. If I plan it, its my call. We did discuss things...nobody had a strong objection to St. Louis. If somebody else wants to do it, thats fine and I will step back, but i havent traveled much yet and if I am putting it together, i dont feel comfortable planning in a city I have never seen, a very expensive city, or one that is not centrally located. Not everyone has money...God knows we spend enough on our kids.
    If I am doing the work, sending hotel and camping info and deciding where we can meet as a group(a restaurant with bar that is is nice but not too pricey) I personally only feel comfortable doing it in three venues...Milwaukee, Chicago and St. Louis.
    Ive never been anywhere else excret Florida and Deleware and I feel far East restricts too many people from coming.
    If anyone wants to take over, thats fine. If I do my very challenged best to try to get a meet up going, its St. Louis. Milwaukee and Chicago are too far North and Chicago is whopping expensive.
    2019 maybe somebody else will plan one in a city familar to her. I think its impossible to plan anything in a place they dont know. I love you all, every one of you, and selfishly want to meet everyone just to hug you...and my best challenged guess is that St. Louis is a place most people can get to and afford. Obviously and sadly not everyone will agree which is why it can be somewhere else the year after. Myself, I am only going to take this on one time. I am NOT a good organizer, but will do my very best. Trust me, this type of project is not my thing, but I selfishly want to meet the lovely people I talk with every day. We have a fantastic, supportive, kind group here, dont we? :)
    Sam, I sure hope to see ya!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  9. Lil

Lil Well-Known Member

Really, St. Louis is easy for us...but it would be more fun to go elsewhere. I love going places I've never been before. So, if it's doable at the time, no matter where it is, Jabber and I will be there. :)

10. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

me too

11. pigless in VA

pigless in VA Well-Known Member

Weird quote from my favorite oddly speaking coworker, "I have been to St. Louis. Is it in Missouri?"
    Thanks for working on this SWOT.

12. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I have really enjoyed the meet ups that I’ve attended. I’m not on the board often but once a decision is made of time and place, please let me know. Thanks!

13. SomewhereOutThere

I will post it here. It will be in St. Louis. Other details to come and hope to see you.