Congrats to the 49ers and the Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DammitJanet

Going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Now we just have to see who else goes.

Im kinda rooting for the Ravens because of Ray Lewis and all he has been through this year and its gonna be his last year. It would be neat if he could go out with a Super Bowl win after doing all that hard work to come back in at the end of the season with what should have been not only a season ending injury but a career ending injury. So Im rooting for the Ravens!

Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm bummed since the Packers aren't in it (but don't deserve to be as San Francisco beat us badly). I guess I'm pulling for the Patriots because of Tom Brady (he is a former Michigan player). Of course, it would also be an interesting match up to see the two brothers coaching the Super Bowl.

BusynMember

Normally I hate the Patriots, but it should be an easy win for Tom Brady. I can't stand t he SF QB (arrogant in my opinion and sure to burn out as fast as RGIII did) and I don't think SF can beat the Patriots no matter what. I'll enjoy cheering for the Pats for once.

DammitJanet

Now RGIII wasnt his fault, that was extremely bad coaching, bad management, and as far as Im concerned almost medical malpractice on the part of the team doctor. They knew he had been injured the week before in that game. Even if the doctor felt he might possibly be fit for play that day, once they saw him in the first quarter it was obvious to everyone with a television set that RGIII was hurt and couldnt play well. It was up to the coaches and most especially the team doctor to bench that man. I dont care what the player says. It is out of his hands. When they took him behind the bleachers? Oh heck no, he should never have been allowed to return. I think he should sue the organization. He will never be the player he was going to be.

Oh and in case you think Im a Redskins fan....Im not, I hate them!

DammitJanet

Well now we know so I updated my title. LOL.

Im actually thrilled for both teams. If I am not mistaken this will be a first for having brothers coaching against each other in a Super Bowl. I know we have had fathers and sons, that would be the Ryans...Buddy and Rex. I just heard on TV...yes this is a first for brothers, how cool!

And Kaepernick, I dont know much about but him considering his tenth time starting a NFL game will be the Super Bowl that sure dose say a lot. I was a bit irked during the season because his coached benched my quarterback for him! Messed up my fantasy team..lol.

I am so happy for Ray Lewis. His smile lit up the entire sidelines along the Ravens side.

I believe in my heart that this is the Ravens year. I looked into the eyes of OJ Briggance and Ray Lewis and I know with everything in my being that they are going to win this year.

PatriotsGirl

I hate Ray Lewis. I hope he loses. Bad.

I am just very, very bitter today. Call me a sore loser. I am. The Pats played like ****. It was downright embarrassing...wtf.

Either way, I couldn't care less about the superbowl now. I will find something better to do that day...

BusynMember

PatsGirl, I'm with you. Since the Packers lost (I don't think they showed up), I was never really interested in the SB, but I don't like the Harboughs and would have watched if the Patriot's won. Now I just don't care. Don't have any intereste in SF except that the QB is a Vick type (and they don't last long) and less interest in the Ravens.

But congrats to those who care :) I probably won't even watch it.

DammitJanet

Now see, I am a complete football fan. I watch no matter who is playing because I love the game. It really matters not to me who is playing. I have watched football since I was in 5th grade and even played two years in a girls football league when I was in school. Tony and I coached flag football when the boys played.

Of course I have my favorite teams but I can admire individual players too and I will always watch the Super Bowl and I even watch all the preseason games and keep up with the scouting reports. I just love everything about the game.

I get redzone every year. I know the rules pretty much as well as anyone. I think its completely odd to not watch the Super Bowl just because your favorite team isnt in it. If I went by that logic, I wouldnt have watched any of the play off's because both of my favorite teams didnt make the play offs.

PatriotsGirl

I admitted I was being a sore loser. I admit it! I love the game, too. I am just being difficult child bratty:-( I had both of my favorite teams playing yesterday and they both lost. I am stamping my foot today and puffing out my li

I will put on my big girl panties tomorrow and get over it. But today, I am pouting...

BusynMember

Janet, I love football too and enjoy many teams...Indianapolis, Denver (now that Peyton is there), and I don't like the Pats, but I think Tom Brady is one of the hottest men in the universe so I would have watched for him...lol, and I cheered so much for NO when they were in the SB. I just have zilch interest in these two teams, don't care about them, they bore me. Worse, I dislike the Harboughs and their sideline theatrics so I'd wish they would both lose. Not interested in the brother dynamic because I don't like them. So different than when Eli and Peyton play each other...then I love the brother dynamic. Nothing for me in this SB.

I don't like baseball since the steroid age so I kind of lost all interest in that :) But, hey, Janet, it's great you can enjoy every game :) Wish I could.

DammitJanet

You do realize the only reason that NO won the Super Bowl was they played under a scandal right? They got there by paying for pain against all other teams. I had been so thrilled for NO that year and then after learning about that it just tore me completely apart to learn that. I felt violated. I just cant look at any of those players the same way again. Even if their coaches told them to do that they should have had the moral character to know it wasnt the correct thing to do. Or they could have blown the whistle on it.

As far as Tom Brady and the Patriots, they make it so hard to root for them. Their coach is a sore looser and walks off the field and refuses to speak to anyone and Brady follows suit. The ref's always seem to protect him like he is glass. What would be perfectly fine for any other quarterback in the league gets called flagged. You can barely breathe on Brady without getting a flag. I know I may have some sour grapes against the Patriots because I dont like them when I really should after all my family is from up there. I used to like them in the old days.

BusynMember

Well, from what I understand, NO is NOT the only team that was giving bonuses to players for trying to hurt good players on other teams. They just were made an example of. I think the NFL needs to crack down on this IN A HUGE WAY. I still cheered for NO that year...the scandal hadn't broken yet.

I don't like the Pats. Normally I hate them, but I would have liked them to beat SF who beat the Packers...plus, as stated above, I dislike Harbough more than Belichek (that's hard!). In general, I'm a Midwest team fan (unless they are in the Packers division) and quite rabidly Packers nuts! I am profoundly apathetic about most of the east and west coast teams...seems like all the announcers love them due to their big audiences...and that turns me off. I wish I could enjoy this SB, but I don't even know the players on these teams, and can't make myself care about who wins. Too bad too. It means the season is over for me and I do love football! It's the only sport I am crazy about! :) You have a more well-rounded interested in sports than me...baseball (yech), hockey (I can do without the blood), basketball (a yawn unless Jumper is playing...lol)...and I'm not at all into European sports.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I will NEVER EVER EVBER NEVER NEVER EVERx0000000billion be a ravens fan and art model can suck eggs.

GO niners.