Conscious Discipline, anyone?

greenrene

I know I've seen some posts about the Conscious Discipline train of thought here, but I didn't pay attention to them. Now I'm curious... at school, there is a series on CD being offered for parents. I'm interested as to what you guys think of it, particularly as it may or may not apply to our lovely difficult children.

BusynMember

They use it at Head Start. The difficult child kids have a field day with it. They hurt the other kids. They victimize the weaker. They don't learn from it at all because all you do is talk to them; there are no consequences. It's all about positive praise, no matter what they do, even if one kid bites another kid on the nose. No child is allowed to be seperated from his peers for any reason, not even in a time out chair, no matter how serious their behavior is. It's bully day at Head Start with Conscious Discipline. My advice? Don't waste your money. From what I've seen it turns classrooms into chaos and the the kids can wallop other kids in the eye with a toy shovel and you can't make them say "I'm sorry." Everybody but the brass hated it.

I think it's a scam. You need to spend a lot of money to buy the CDs. You can't find out anything about it other than if you buy the CDs. In other methods of discipline, you can get a lot of info online. CD in my opinion is all about making money and from what I've seen it's horrific.