COOKIE! Email me, please!

addie

I just read your story, and mine is much the same, which is why I haven't been around. My profile is out of date - I am burned out with doing teen girls so I only do psychiatric cases now - not 'pure' behaviour problems, if there is such a thing.

My problems with Jess are similar to yours with Rob. I am so sorry. It's such a helpless feeling. And - David has decided he wants nothing more to do with us, ever. Oh, the pain!

But life has to go on and remember we talked about mystery shopping a long time ago? Well, I have started it ... two assignments so far, and another two tonight. I would LOVE to talk to you about it ... but there is NO WAY I will be able to navigate this new format ... I will need a day to refresh myself and that won't happen just yet.

So PLEASE email me, so we can have a non-difficult child chat - lol!
[email protected]

I would love your advice on this new and fun but oh so badly paid 'career'!

Warmest regards to all who remember me - if nayone wants to get in touch, PLEASE do it by email as I really can't manage this forum just yet. What a SAD person I am, re computers. Sorry.

addie

dreamer

LOL, well I cannot do the site from home and cannot do my email when here (my email is not accesible from library, webtv is not universally accessible, I MUST use my unit to do my email, and my unit will not work on this site, LOL) , so I will just hafta hope you stop on and read this and see I said "HI!"

addie

Hi Dreamer and Lothlorien! I have missed you all - honest!

Glad to see some remember me, though of course I understand it's out of sight, out of mind, with computer interests.

Wotalotuv changes! Since I can now trust myself to be on the computer without GASPING for a ciggie, which I have long since stopped, perhaps I can drop by and catch up with people.

Not sure I can any longer help anyone, though. For ten years (fosters) and 16 years (adoptees) I had hope that I could 'save' at least one. The cute thing is that my main-mega-numero-uno difficult child, Chrissie, who brought me here in the first place (MR, LDs, ODD, now 18 and off all medications) is the only one I have 'saved'. It 'took' with her ... the parenting, I mean. She has responsibility, loyalty, integrity, reliability, generosity, etc etc etc. The other two adoptees? Nada.

But brains develop till they are 25 so there is still hope. Sigh - not sure Jess will reach 25, not the way she's going.

addie

Loris

Addie. I'm sorry it's so hard but I'm thrilled you got to pop in. Of course we remember you. You have been missed. I hope things get better soon.

donna723

Addie!!! Good to "see" you! I've missed you!

:salute:

The site isn't all that different - you'll catch on quickly! Glad you're back!

'Chelle

Hi addie! :smile: I was thinking of you not that long ago as well. Nice to hear from you. One of the hardest things I had to realize was that I couldn't "save" my difficult child. I could try teach him, but in the end he had to want to learn and "save" himself. Even at 10, 11, 12, if they don't want to work for themselves, no one can make them. I'm glad Chrissie is doing so well, and sorry Jess isn't. There is still time, she can have her lightbulb moment still.

Coookie

Addie,

Email on the way. I'm so sorry things are like they are. :frown: I will never give up hope for my difficult child...I will just do it from a distance now.

Hugs

DDD

If I can figure out the new site configuration (well...as least
most of it, lol) you sure as heck can too, my friend. It's
great to see you again. You have not been forgotten. DDD