Copper update

She is SO grown up!

OK, so she's been away from the leprechaun for about 2 months. There was a guy who was showing interest in her pretty soon after the breakup.

She told him that she thought it was too fast too soon.

That may not be anything to brag about, but this is MY kid. It took me till 35 to get that I did not have to be with someone to be happy. She got it at age 20. 3 cheers for Copper!

She also realized, all on her own, that this new friend with whom she is staying may not be the best choice for a roommate. She is evidently very clingy and controlling. Copper said something to the effect of jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I told her again that she was welcome here anytime. She said, she would not do that to Tink again. See, when I left Matt (when Tink was 2) Copper went to live with my mom. She moved back in with me about 3 years ago (so Tink was going on 5) and Tink got VERY attached to her being there. Well she stayed for about 6 months and then split to be with the leprechaun. Tink was devastated. Copper on her own accord has decided that she would not do that again to Tink.

Sniff. She is all grown up!

meowbunny

WOW!!! Not just grown up but an adult that understands repercussions to others and cares about them. BBK, barring all of your diffiicultes while you were raising her, she has turned into a remarkable woman and, whether you like it or not, you do get part of the credit.

trinityroyal

Hugs to you and to Copper, BBK. You must be so proud, and you have every right to be. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

Trinity

everywoman

I know that you are proud of the choices she is making. And even prouder that she understands that her choices have ramifications that reach beyond her...she is turning into quite a lady!!!

Steely

WOW!
Way To Go Copper. You make us all proud!:redface:

Seriously. This is what each of us hopes for every one of our kiddos, and here she is a shining example it can happen.

Hugs Kitty.
Miss seeing you on the board.
Steely.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes you deserve and get lots of credit!!!
My gosh she is smart and Beautiful!!!
You should be proud.

Thanks, guys,

I know I have not been on the board much lately (cheer season is ALMOST over) so I really appreciate the comments. Just want you all to know that I think about you every day, even if I am not here.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Georgeous, SMART AND CARING??

Yup - just like her MOTHER!:redface:

Now if she'll curse in Italian? We're all set. ciao bella!