Corpus Christ TX??

BusynMember

We are definitely getting our RV very soon and, after checking the internet extensively, found a great resort campground near lots of animal rescues in Corpus Christi. Very inexpensive. Has anyone ever gone thete in winter? Does anyone know what the weather is like from Jan.-April? We are looking for lots of trees, and temps 60-75 days. Cool nights are fine.
Thanks to anyone.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I lived in Houston for a few years in my early 20's and I always heard Corpus was beautiful!

How exciting!

kim75062

I've been there but it was summer and ungodly hot! Beautiful beaches and the kids loved the Texas state aquarium.

I'm up in north Texas currently (Dallas area) and December-april is like spring in the northern states. Our temps stay around 40-50 at night and 50-65 in the day. Average anyway. I assume it would average 10-15* warmer that much more south from me.

2 years ago it hit the low teens here and had like "frost" in spots on the roads so they shut the schools down lol

BusynMember

Thanks. We would be long gone by summer lol. Looking for warmish 60s and 70s with lots of stuff to see and do especially animal sanctuaries and rescues.

pasajes4

It is perfect there in the winter. The days are mostly mild and sunny. I don't know to much about animal rescues in the area. There are a lot of snowbirds that decend on the Texas coast you should be in good company. I think you will have a blast, Who knows our paths may cross. I am in Corpus frequently due to soccer games.

BusynMember

It would be fun to meet you!! Wow!

We found turtle and dolphin rescues and a small animal rescue. All near Corpus Christi. Birding too, which Id like to explore. The website looks gorgeous and I am thinking hub and I are going to be loving the prices and southern hospitality! And our other choice, Arizona, has very poor cell reception and I am not excited about a possible medical emergency and no cell service. Or an accident and no way to call for service. Arizona has spotty cell service. Prefer good wifi, internet, and near water :)!

Mamacat

I live in Texas. My daughter lived in Corpus Christi and I visited there often. It's a beautiful area. Lots. of birding in the winter. Padre island national seashore is nearby. Drive down the island road about 17 miles or take the ferry and there's Port Aransas. Beautiful place. There are rv places there as well. Port Aransas used to be a sleepy little town. Now it's more touristy but winter's are pretty quiet. Rockport is another nice place. Aransas Wildlife Refuge is home to whooping cranes in the winter. Rockport and port Aransas are smaller towns. Corpus is a bigger city. They all have lots of winter Texans. Lots of good fishing if you like that. Corpus has a beautiful bayfront. We stay at port Aransas when we go, but we usually go for a week. I think you'll enjoy this area. Lots of good Mexican food!!!

pasajes4

I think you will love it. Another area is South Padre. It is a couple of miles further south at the tip of Texas. I know they have a huge turtle rescue effort there. The beaches in SPI are gorgeous and the water is really nicer than Corpus. You could go there for a few days. They have a large KOA.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Yes have been to Padre Island also. That was a vacation we took when living in Houston. Beautiful is right.

Mamacat

Corpus Christi and Rockport are on bays. Port aransas and the national seashores are on the Gulf of Mexico. We going to Port Aransas around mid September for a week. We have a travel trailer.

AppleCori

My brother was on Mustang Island a couple of years ago during the winter, and complained about the mosquitos. Of course, he isn't really happy with anything, so he will find something to complain about.

I have been to that turtle refuge and it is definitely worth going to see!

pasajes4

Corpus is fairly laid back. They cater to tourisits in the summer, but other than chemical plants and a Naval base, the snowbirds are their bread and butter.

BusynMember

Thanks to all. I am grateful for first hand info. We are thinking of adding a cheap but functional used boat to the RV. Nothing fancy at all...something we can share with Jumper and fiance when wr go back to Wisconsin in the summer.

GN, I am going for fun...people dont have to agree with me politically to be fun (I am very liberal...moreso than most my age, so I dont talk about it much). I like the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" Girls of ALL ages! This is a dream come true.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm a progressive liberal. Most of TX isn't, which is why I suggested checking on the political climate in places in TX before visiting. My experiences with Texans and Arizonians who came up to where I lived up North in WI for the summers was not, overall positive. Extremely right wing, and extremely, unpleasantly vocal about it.