Could Use Friends

M

ML

I sometimes feel like I just can't vent enough about all that goes on in my life. It feels like it's too much a good deal of the time. Working full time, raising a difficult child basically alone, marital problems, a grueling commute, no life for myself, feeling like a failure, etc. Oh and did I mention I'm going through menopause and fight depression and anxiety myself? I was wondering if anyone might be willing to exchange emails with me in reference to talking about specific difficult child issues. I could post all day and monopolize the board but I don't want to do that. I need a more direct form of communication because I'm so neurotic that my feelings get hurt if I don't get responses (I know that's stupid on a public forum like this).

If anyone can relate to issues of: ADHD/ODD/Anxiety (and either underlying mood disorder or spectrum) in a 3rd grader I would be grateful for the contact. I'm at [email protected].

Thank you so much for being here.

Michele

busywend

Post away! For me it is easier to communicate with posts moreso than email. I just do not check email as much as the board. Is that strange? LOL!

Seriously, if it is about husband - you can head to The Watercooler and you will get support with that.
If it is difficult child related, just post away. We get alot of venting here. Just be prepared for some advice along with the support. Hey, you never know what will help with a difficult child.

I am sorry things are so rough right now. Are you on medications for anxiety or depression?

M

ML

Thanks Wendy. I totally understand. Thanks for saying I can post ad naseum (well you didn't really say that lol). It's everything. I have to head off to work now but tonight I'll post more. Thanks for the tip on the water cooler. I'm ok with advice but just be kind. I already feel like I'm doing everything wrong lol. J/k. later and have a great day xo
MicheleL
PS yes I am on celex and ativan 1mg at night. It does help :smile:

Marguerite

Another option for you - if you check people's sig and/or someone says something you really 'click' with, send them a PM. It's how I manage with this sort of thing - and on PMs, we can digress into other noon-difficult child areas, it's a private conversation.

But don't feel guilty about posting and venting here - it's what the site is for! If it's non-difficult child, then use Watercooler. If you make a mistake and post in the wrong place, chances are a moderator will move the post for you, so don't feel shy.

And don't give yourself a hard time as "old mum" - I'm 52!

Marg

DammitJanet

Welcome to the board!

Dont feel like you will post too much...lol. I dont think its possible. Take a glance a the length of some of the posts. We are a chatty group.

TerryJ2

Michele, welcome. Don't worry about posting too much. You'd be surprised at how much we all post! It really, really helps. "Regular" families just don't get it. This is a lifesaver. Marguerite's idea about PM is a good one.

nvts

Feel free to email or pm but remember: a lot of these posts help a lot of people that may or may not recognize themselves or their situations and your post may just be the thing to help them open up!

Just so you know: mine are in 4th, 2nd and 1st grade and I think I relate to you more than you know! (wouldn't have known you if you hadn't posted!!!) :rofl:

I just worry that if you email me, I wouldn't be able to respond right away with Heckle, Jeckle and Clyde home on vacation!!

Keep writing! It's cathartic!

Beth

On_Call

I agree with Beth - keep posting because one of us might just recognize our own situations in your post and respond directly. I have often found comfort in the fact that I know no matter what I post on here someone will "get it" - no questions, no judgments - they will know what I am saying and how I felt in that particular situation. I am sad that there are so many of us that can understand those things, but glad to have found it here.

Hang in there - and post as much as you like.

F

flutterbee

Post away. I'm a single mom and my difficult child's issues really started to spiral when she was in the 2nd grade, so I can totally relate.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Never feel guilty about posting. If none of us posted there wouldn't be a board to come to. lol Seriously though, we get to know you better thru your posts. If you need to post more, go ahead.

On a side note, you might want to endulge in some Me Time intersts for yourself. It helps releave stress (or make it easier to deal with) and makes you feel better. Parents of difficult children need to be careful that they don't neglect their own needs while struggling to raise the difficult children.

Hugs

M

ML

Thank you so much everyone. I feel so grateful to have this sisterhood here. "Regular" families truly don't get it.

And I'll be at the watercooler too!

I have to go now, difficult child is up making an experiment or project in the kitchen again so I better go make an appearance.

(((((((((((group))))))))))