Could use some board ju ju and prayers, my difficult child may have a JOB!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
On my, I just got a phone call from my difficult child saying she thinks she may have a job, she has to call on Monday. She sounded so excited and often whenever she has had hope, it fails miserably and my heart just breaks for her. PLEASE, if you have a moment, say a little prayer, send good vibes, she could use a break..........She cried a little, so worn out from her difficult child life, she's really at a very low point...........sigh............thanks everyone!

Kathy813

Staff member
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for your difficult child, RE. A job can be so good for building confidence and self-esteem.

~Kathy

Payla

RE,
I am going to bed and reading posts; will include your daughter and prospective job in my prayers tonight! Will pray hard!!!
*Payla

dashcat

I hope and pray she gets this chance! I know that my difficult child's job has helped so much with her self-esteem. Let us know when you hear.
Dash

scent of cedar

Holding your daughter next to mine in my heart, Recovering. Praying for both. I love it that your daughter hopes for this job, that she seems to be thinking differently. Hope is such a vulnerable feeling, for all of us. Holding you right here too, Recovering.

Good thing we got a bigger boat!

Barbara

DazedandConfused

Sending to the most powerful positive employment vibes I can muster to your difficult child!

For some people being hired for a job is being told your worthwhile, have value, and have something to contribute. I'm pulling for her!:fingerscrossed:

DDD

Oh my goodness! Wouldn't that just be absolutely awesome? I'm sending all the support I can muster. Hugs DDD

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thank you everyone, your good thoughts mean so much.

difficult child is having her usual difficult child time of it, her phone died and all the numbers for the guy for the job were in the phone! She should get the a new phone today, it was replaced, but I have no idea how it will now go given she missed the time frame. She also missed the deadline for her food stamp eligibility, so those will be cancelled, her car needs work in order to pass the smog so she can get her tags, her car battery is leaking battery acid, her roommate is formally evicting her and someone hit her car and damaged the new fender she just replaced. I heard all of this on Sunday evening when she showed up crying. I had a moment or two of feeling yucky, it's hard to watch this over and over again. She rolls around in this complicated mess of handling these continual crisis which would all be averted if she had some money and a job. All her energy goes into fixing these crisis so she is exhausted from the effort, but doesn't seem to be able to pull herself out of it.

Last year, as you know, I fixed and paid for all the problems and I thought she was finally on level ground and could move forward, but that was not to be, she simply let it all go until she was back in crisis mode once again. Every single day of her life is like this. Last week she had really good tickets to see a Giants game in San Francisco which she was so excited about, but the day of the game, her roommate locked her out of the house and wouldn't let her in so she couldn't retrieve the tickets, so she missed the game......she stayed in her car for 4 days. Last night the police pulled her over and searched her car, threw all of her belongings all over, didn't find anything and left.

I used to hear all of this and it would make my hair stand on end and I wouldn't sleep for nights on end. Now, I listen to her and don't say much because honestly, I don't think she really hears anything. What she says to everything I say is, "I'm really trying Mom." And, from her point of view, I think it feels that way to her as she works so hard to combat all the crisis. Sigh. I can't fix any of it, I tried that and it made me crazy and it's never ending, tomorrow there will simply be another crisis. She is not willing to go for any help, I've beaten that horse to death. I've come to accept (as much as I do) that this is the way she is choosing to live her life. It is heartbreaking and I am powerless to change it.

I still on occasion think that she will someday pull something out of the hat, but I am really the only one left who believes that. It seems that each time there is a possibility for ANY thing positive to happen, like the game, or this new job, something happens to take it away. Sometimes I am just speechless.

I'll let you know if anything really happens about the job......keep her in your thoughts, she is just so lost....................thanks.

scent of cedar

Oh, Recovering.

Do you think she is going to ask whether she can live with you?

And just why is it that, just as we are told our difficult children have a shot at climbing out, just the very instant we feel we can safely celebrate them, could even safely allow them into our hearts and our lives, every single thing falls apart and we are left facing the whole mess with our hearts open and our hopes on our sleeves? (I was going to say, "with our pants down." Which is actually more what it feels like.)

We are balancing on that same razor's edge, right now. It's like being encased in one of those silken cocoons spiders weave around the victims they are saving for later.

My sister tells me I need to change my imagery. That I need to be fiercer than whatever has hold of difficult child. That I need to stop believing that compassion will help difficult child. That my difficult child needs to be afraid of me, afraid of the condemnation that will certainly fall onto her head if she crosses me, if she dares to attempt to manipulate me.

I am really thinking about that, this morning.

Barbara