Could you spare a prayer for Wee?

SRL

I just saw this and am so glad she's bounced back. Good for you for chasing down some good things to try.

I cried for weeks when I lost my horse as a child. Growing old hasn't changed that--still shed a lot of tears over losing our bunny last fall.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He can now say his horse passed away without sobbing, but he still gets really somber when it comes up. And he flat won't go to where he's buried. Went once and was almost like he raged for an hour (we just stood back and let him - he was beating the ground and cursing God). Won't go back, at least not yet.He was awake twice in the night to check on the rat. She apparently didnt like the new location of her house and food...she did some major rearranging last night...She is still walking hunched up. But she's very perky and alive, so far!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm so sorry to hear about the pony Shari. Hugs and love to you and Wee.

As far as the rattiekins? BRAVO to you for your concoction Nurse Shari. Glad she is rousted about and doing better. Just FYI - with it getting colder - a Fleece hammock snuggly hung/suspended in her cage and stuffed with baby blankets (the burping rag kind) is very good for snoozing in Fall and Winter Afternoons.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I laid 2 small pieces of flannel on top of her cage today for Wee to use for her. He likes to give her blankies. Apparently, she likes them. She pulled both thru the cage and made her own little nest in her house.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What kind of house does she have?
Does she have a fleece hammock?

Does she have a fleece cube?

These are easy=peesy to sew --------and my ratties LIVED in them - you hang them from the top of the cage with metal shower curtian hooks......and they will hop up, crawl into them and snuggle up for the night or day------I stuffed ours with baby receiving burper blankets I got at thrift stores. That way they pp on the blankets and not on the cubbie. I'd fold one up for the floor like a pp pad and then wad one or two up for softy soft covers and they'd go in and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for hours. and they stay warm from their own breath.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She has a little plastic house with her flannel shreds and stuffing in it. She loves her fluffy stuffing stuff. Wee wants to get her one like you are describing.

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't buy a hammock from the store. They are way overpriced and she'll chew through the thingies holding it to the cage in a matter of days. You want to connect the hammock directly to whatever is hooking it to the cage - not have a piece of material going to the hooks. That's what they chew through.

difficult child makes hers out of old towels and hangs them with safety pins. We have some big boys and it supports them. They *love* them, and at any given time I can go in their room and have several heads poke up to look at me - often 2 in the hammock at a time.