Status
Not open for further replies.

saving grace

Hello Everyone, I haven't been around for some time but logged in today for strength for a change that will soon be coming my way with former difficult child not easy child. I found standswithcourage post and I have to add my 2 cents, take it for what you want but here goes.

Susan and her son are the exact same! NO Susan may not be a drug addict but they both display the same codependency behaviours. He wants her and everyone else to fix him and she wants everyone else to fix her and around and round we go. I remember months or over a year ago I replied to a post to Susan about Suboxone, the drug that saved my sons life. Susan you must see that here you are a year later having the same conversation. I dont know who said it here but here goes, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Not gonna happen.

YES, Suboxone can be a wonderful life saving drug when used properly. YES it is ONLY for addicts with OPIATE addictions who have STOPPED using and in WITHDRAWAL. Period.

this drug will have ZERO effect on pot users or xanax users or any other users. He is either lying to you about his drug of choice or your lying to yourself or this forum.

LET HIM BE. For your own Sanity you have to let him go.

That is exactly what I did and my son came back. Came back WANTING help, WANTING to stop, WANTING a program. He had been in every detox, rehab, jail, halfway house, street, gutter, drug house , car, park bench you name it. As long as your son thinks even for a second that YOU are on his side he will NOT stop.

My son started his program, almost 3 years ago and has gotten high twice, in the first year. he got high, told me about it, checked in with his doctors and got back on track both times immediatley. He has now been sober for almost 2 years straight!. I GOT MY SON BACK BECAUSE HE CAME BACK TO ME, I DIDNT GO AFTER HIM. I STOPPED TRYING TO FIX IT AND HE FIXED HIMSELF. BELIEVE THESE WOMEN THEY KNOW THE DRILL THEY SPEAK THE TRUTH.

He is still drug tested twice a month, he still test clean. He still takes Suboxone. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. I tell myself and him that he wakes up everyday with a choice. He chooses to everyday to NOT GET HIGH. I choose everyday to live my life not his. If he relapses he knows the rules. PERIOD. there are no one more chances there are no "but Mom's" he knows the rules.

Susan, sweety. STOP! RIGHT THERE. RIGHT AFTER READING THIS SENTENCE SAY TO YOURSELF "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH" TELL HIM YOUR RULES. STICK TO THEM. HELP HIM ONLY WHEN HE DESERVES THE HELP. HELP HIM ONLY WHEN HE IS HELPING HIMSELF.

SAVING GRACE

Thank you Saving Grace. I am glad you are still around! I think he is abusing methadone now. Unbelilevable. I do not think he would be a good candidate for suboxone. I am just not sure how he would use it. I think he would still s moke pot and do other things.

DammitJanet

Grace...I am so glad to see you posting! I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear about your son. How wonderful!

M

ML

I just have to say that there sure is a lot of wisom and love in here. Susan, please do get help for your hurting heart. Keep going to meetings, focus on one day at a time thinking, and loving yourself.

I too can sometimes fall into that abyss of despair and have found the only true way out is through prayer and following the al-anon principles. None of us have the answers any more than you do. We just probably are guilty of caring too much sometimes.

Please, as with the meetings, take what you like and leave the rest.

Peace,

ML

thanks all! I am going to a counselor on June 8 but as far as a doctor I dont have one yet to maybe diagnose me and help me with my crazy thinking. I am just trying to hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.