Court custody case went well for son!!

BusynMember

The Judge told the lawyers that the case is going to end and both must sign. Bart wants it to end. Ex wants it to go on forever.

Ex wanted to depose Bart which is ridiculous because the case has already dragged on for three years. This time. Judge said if Barts attorney moves to quash the drpositioning, Judge would rule to wuash. Then exs lawyer said "My client eill just file another motion to modify then" and the Judge said "Thats fine, but remember. I am still going to be the Judge." There will be no change in custody. Again.

I wonder what will happen if ex wont sign the papers. The Judge is not happy with her.

We are waiting fot grandson to be old enough to have a say in what happens in his life. Not sure of the age. Bart thinks 12. He is 10.

Lil

Hooray!

I wonder what will happen if ex wont sign the papers

I'm kind of surprised there's anything the judge wants the parties to sign. It's unnecessary. The judge is the judge. He can rule however he wants and that's that. The Court can adopt a joint parenting plan, or can just adopt one parent's parenting plan. The Court can also issue its own parenting plan and order the parties to follow it.

But I'm very glad things are going well!

BusynMember

Lil....this judge is a wuss. He wont make ANY decisions. They had a judge before him who was tough but he was voted out of office. This Judge wants to make sure, I thunk, that nothing is HIS decision. I know that sounds odd and i dont know much about the law, but.. it is what it is.

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
SWOT ~ I hope it does end soon. I've heard of other judges letting things string on and on like this in the past.

BusynMember

This Judge has allowed continuances to go on and on. I hope it ends too. Now ex will just file another Motion to Modify, but it doesnt sound like the Judge will be sympathetic if she does.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad things went well!!! Hopefully the Judge will stick to his guns and not ever give in to her. Or maybe get angry with her and modify the plan to give Bart more time. A few more motions and he might get fed up enough. Bart's Ex is a lunatic. I hope that his son CAN choose soon and that he is able and willing to choose his Dad's house. It would be healthier for him.

BusynMember

Sus, hi!! Welcome back!!

Bart is not perfect but he is a conscientious, loving father. I think the Judge may he tired of ex's notions and doing anything not to end the case. Bart is in a 50/50 state so thats the status quo.

Grandson hates going back to his mother and cries every time he has to go there. He is the Outsider. Ex ran off, while married, with another man and didnt even bother visiting Grandson for a month. Then she married the guy after the divorce and weirdly he reversed a vasectomy to have another baby. This baby is now four and adored and ex tried to make Grandson csll her new husband Daddy but he wouldnt and the man has been mean to him from the start as is ex and her mother who lives with them. Yes, the house is crowded.

Grabdson is always being punished for things like not sitting up straight in the car, slurping his spaghetti and spilling milk. He was locked in a bathroom once by his mother but he tjreatened to tell his teacher about it so she didnt do that again. He tells my son that his real house us with him.

When I knew his mother, she was rude, vile and abusive to me. I tried to warn Bart before he married her and showed him her worst but it didnt work. He didnt want to know what she said behind his back or he made excuses. Now she does it to him and grandson.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Snow White

On the Mad Tea Party Ride
Awesome news, SWOT. Such stress from all of this for so long. Our good friend was in a custody battle some years ago and in the end the bitter ex-wife (who took the proceedings to the max) got to hear her child announce in court that he wanted to live with his father. He was 12 years old at the time. Judge granted the request.

I'm so happy that there can be some positive movement forward now - and good on that judge to not sugar-coat anything!!!

BusynMember

Wow . That is what we are wairing for. Grandson will pick his dad. We dont know when he has a say in it yet.

Ex took grandson to a psychologist appointed by the court as the one she had to take him to if she wanted counseling for him. Apparenrly grandson cried and told the paychologist how he felt horrible in mothers house, how he overheard Mom and Hub telling each other what a bad boy he is and explaining all the rules he had to follow and how he tried to but still got into trouble.

The ex had not expected the psyvhologist to question her about grandsons words. She thought the psychologist would be hard on grandson and tell him he had ro behave. But the psychologist expressed concern about HER and her husband and gave her a hard time. And sat them all done to discuss her part in this. Grandson is very gifted intellectually and recalled everything he heard. And he told my son.

Ex didnt want to be questioned. She was probably wanting to punch the psychiatric in the nose. She never brought grandson back for aa follow up.

My son has his moments but he adores his son. I hope he can finally end ex's nonstop court cases soon. She seems to have endless money. We dont know where it is from but both her grandparents are extremely rich. One set owns a very thriving company.