Court Date tomorrow

AnnMarieTN

I wouldn't wish all of the heartache and frustration we have all gone through on anyone, but I am so glad to have found this board and know that there are others who understand what I'm going through.

My son's court date is tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what all will happen.

His aggression is getting worse and he has now started skipping classes. The probation officer he is assigned to said that school problems will become court problems once he is given probation.

Anyway, I haven't posted much here, but I have been reading the posts. I am very thankful for all of you.

B

bran155

Good luck in court. I will be in court on Thursday, what fun!!!

Let us know how it goes. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
AM, TN

I hope that someone in that courtroom sees what you see through your eyes and has a kind and helpful moment for your son, not just punitive legal rigamarole.

HOWEVER; that said, I would tell you that having my son on probation, owing money that unless paid he will be in jail, and watching him complete community service hours ON HIS OWN without PUSHING because the punishment IS jail? Has made a difference in my son. Not an overnight sensation - but enough of one to give me a glimpse into the future and see there is always hope.

Hugs - good luck tomorrow - we'll be with you in spirit...

AnnMarieTN

Thank you both. I really appreciate it. :D

The judge was pretty stern with him (which was good). My son told the judge he wasn't in control of himself when he assaulted my Mom. The judge told him that he could control him and that was jail.

He put him on probation. He is to start counseling and a medication evaluation next month.

The court cost was $100, but rather than making us pay, the judge ordered 24 hours of community service. I think this is a great idea for the reasons that Star mentioned. I think the work will do him good.

His time at school is mixed into his probation too. So if he cuts class or misbehaves at school, it is a violation of his probation and he will go to the detention facility.

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
yeah, one condition of my difficult child's probation is showing up at school. Hope he's able to control the aggression. Glad the judge is giving him another chance....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay -

NOW - let him earn YOUR time for taking him to his community service.

We made Dude pay us for gas in chores.

OMG was he annoyed with us....(silent yeah) :tongue: but hey, this is life....no free rides...not even to court ordered community service.

-oh and when he says "GOSH Mom you're just TRYING to make my life harder!!." You tell him "Nooooooooooope....you made it hard on yourself by breaking the law."

And for hitting my Mom? Okay - MY kid would be lucky to have walked into the courtroom - but I think some EXTRA grandma community service would be in order.