Court is tomorrow

amstrong

difficult child has court for his DUI/Accident tomorrow at 10:00. He has asked me to take him for a haircut today and has already laid out the clothes he plans to wear. He is somewhat stressed and apprehensive. I say GOOD, let him stress.

I do plan to go to the prosecutors's desk with him, it helps them to see that they have caring families and I plan to make sure the prosecutor knows he has a good job that he needs to keep in order to be able to pay his fines but I also intend to make the prosecutor aware that this is his goof up and that he should be made to suffer consequences and that I am not looking for him to get an easy ride.

I will update you all tomorrow on the outcome.

everywoman

Mine also has court this weak for a MIP of alcohol charge. I plan on going with him as well. I hope the judge is wise and fair.

Sunlight

it is good to go with him, but I do not think you should talk to the prosecutor yourself. does he have a public defender? that is who should speak for him.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Robyn, I agree with Janet. Speak to your difficult child's attorney, not the prosecutor. difficult child's attorney should have the conversations with the prosecutor, not you. You have good intentions but I'm afraid you will unintentionally shoot yourself- and your difficult child- in the foot.

Best of luck.

Suz

SunnyFlorida

In the courtroom my difficult child 2 was in recently, anyone who was not a defendant was asked to leave. It was impossible for husband to go with difficult child.

I agree with using a public defender. You can brief the PD quickly in the AM

Jen

I went with my duaghter once, and surprised that every thing was so informal. The prosecuter really didnt want to hear a thing except from her. The lawyer talked with us privately and that is where I talked. Didnt want to rock the boat either way.
Jen