Court today update on grandsons

wg67

Well we had court today to try and get visits with our difficult child s boys. Our difficult child didnt show up in court. Children live with paternal grandparents. We were give a week in july and August and one weekend a month visits with the children. Doing happy dance for sure. Our first visit is next weekend. Can hardly wait. It just goes to show never give up.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

wg67

Yes im happy too yes our kids put us in alot of horrible situations. But am so glad it turned out we could see the children. Still waiting to find out what is gonna happen with theft charges on my difficult child. She stole alot of stuff from us when she lived with us. Yes I pressed charges about $5000 worth of jewlery, dvds, camera and my clarinet . Sad part of it all is the jewlery was stuff that cant be replaced. That hurts the most. The dvds I really wouldn't have cared but my mother in laws family ring and my family ring is what truely broke my heart. But im so grateful for all you who have taught me to detach and not let my daughter get away with her behavior

HMBgal

As a grandmother myself, I'm so glad that the court gave you "visitation." I'm unclear on what our rights are as grandparents, so I'm glad you were recognized by the court to be important to their lives. My daughter shares 50/50 custody with her difficult child ex, and she has to ask his permission for the kids to stay at my house overnight during her time! What the hell?? And we live two miles away and have always been in the kids' lives. The kids love having sleepovers with us because we cook, do art, projects, go places. He says he never "farms" the kids out on his time. Well, no. His new wife came into the marriage with three kids, they just had a baby together, so who going to take on six kids for a sleepover? So weird.

wg67

I dont know where you are but check into it. Im in Alberta Canada. It is so hard when us grandparents are involved in children's lives then are treated like we mean nothing. Sad and I know my grandsons will be so happy to see us and their other family. I too know what you mean we do arts crafts picnics etc. Things that my grandsons look forward too. I hope things get better for you too dear

BusynMember

That sort of explains it. In the US it is almost impossible.

The only exceptions I've read about are if the children have lived with Grandparents for six months.

Other than that, just being in their lives is not enough. It's crazy.