Court tomorrow -- need prayers please

A

AmericanGirl

I have to go to court with difficult child at 3 pm tomorrow. His has 3rd degree theft charges pending from last fall (stole a shirt from a dept. store.)

Court clerk says judge is really hard on theft cases, which I get, but I am hoping he may agree to delayed prosecution if difficult child stays straight. It would be best for him to have this hanging over his head - not have me pay it and him pay me back 'later'. Know what I mean??

He has been told to plead not guilty - to speak with public defender - to show him the letter from the treatment facility. Explain he was drunk when it happened, got treatment and ask for delayed pros. difficult child hasn't been in trouble before and will also have confirmation of a 4.0 GPA in college and that he is an Eagle Scout.

Anyhow, that's the plan....who knows what he will actually do.

Haven't heard from him since leaving him at sober house on Friday except to arrange meeting place tomorrow. He's still mad I took my credit card back.

Please send me prayers and good thoughts. I want the right thing for difficult child to happen. I just have such a hard time sitting there by myself without bawling....

P.S. Will be posting the same request next Tuesday when his DUI trial is. Thanks in advance!!

AG: I will be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon, and I will be sending you good wishes for both you and your difficult child. I hope that your difficult child will get a fair judge, and that they take into account how well difficult child has done in rehab and in his sobriety. I know how hard it is to sit in a courtroom when your difficult child is standing before a judge. Stay strong and court will be over before you know it. HUGS...

S

Signorina

My sweet AG, I will be holding you close in my heart. {{{hugs}}}

I will pray that this works out the way it is meant to, in the most helpful way, and for your son's continued improvement and his journey back to you.

Stay strong-I am pulling for you!
XXOO

Nancy

AG thinking of you and hoping everything is going as planned. You are a good mom, you have supported your difficult child and given him a wonderful chance to turn his life around There are many difficult child's out there who have two parents that don't care as much as you do. I don't know how you do it, you are an inspiration to me.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I'll be thinking good thoughts for the best possible outcome for your difficult child in both cases.

~Kathy

T

toughlovin

Arghhhh that is so frustrating. I think our court system is good in principal but in practice it is so screwed up. It seems you do what you have to do there to get there on time, because heaven forbid you are late or don't show up and then it is hurry up and wait (and sometimes wait and wait and wait) and then all that happens is you get a new date.

Hugs AG!!

TL

S

Signorina

{{{hugs}}}

I always say that when God was handing out patience, I got sick of standing in line, so I skipped it....

XXOO

buddy

UGGG, I was just saying to someone that the limbo place when waiting is one of my hardest things! So sorry that happened, I hope you can enjoy the next few weeks without this overshadowing things. HUGS

DDD

been there done that...I hate getting psyched for Court and then having an unexpected delay. Sending understanding hugs your way. DDD

A

AmericanGirl

Thanks for all the prayers... Court again Tuesday night. DUI trial. Atty. says it was a bad arrest and the dashcams show it. However, this judge is a wildcard.

difficult child gets off work 90 minutes prior to court. Is roughly 75 miles away.

Life is tough if you don't ask off ahead of time. Duh... He won't listen to me so, I have shut up. Just praying he gets there before they call him and the attorney doesn't give me grief. My stomach has been in knots all day long thinking about that possibility.

So glad Al-anon meets tomorrow!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm sorry that your stomach is in knots and you are worried. I know how that is. Sending you hugs and prayers that it all works out in the best possible way for everyone.

Nancy

AG hoping that it all goes well and he gets there on time and whatever consequences are given he adheres to.

Nancy