Court tomorrow

TerryJ2

Since difficult child's PO is requesting that difficult child stay on probation for another 90 days (basically, to see out the school yr) we have to show up in court tomorrow morning. And so does our atty.
difficult child is going to school, then I pick him up at 9:45, take him to court at 10:30, bring him back to school at 11:30, pick him up at 2:00 for NILD at 2:45, then bring him home at 4:00. I hate it when the day is cut into pieces like that.

I think our atty is not going to fight this, although he did ask me over the phone if we had a lab do the drug test. I told him it was a strip like a pregnancy test.

Sigh.

klmno

I doubt it will go any way other than what the PO asks for. Sorry. I hope the day isn't total chaos. Unless you have evidence that he was innocent, anything you fight for onhis behalf can (and most likely would) be taken as covering his rear. In juvie court when a PO is onboard, it's "guilty until proven innocent".

buddy

I hate broken up days driving all over too. I hope it goes quickly in court, and that difficult child does a good job holding it together.

DDD

My thoughts are with you and your difficult child. Going to Court is traumatic because you just don't know what is going to be said or done and your usually are helpless. It's like watching a car wreck. Sometimes things go well and I hope today is one of those times. I've said a prayer for you guys. DDD

TerryJ2

WE DON'T HAVE TO GO! Our lawyer just called. He talked to the judge ahead of time and the new court date is July 28. It's all paperwork at this point. difficult child is still on probation.
Of course, the atty and the PO still have to go.
I can take off my shoes and earrings now. And I already emailed difficult child's school counselor to track him down and tell him he can stay in school today.
Yay!