CPS can jump in a lake!!!

JJJ

To catch you up, we tried to get CPS have Kanga declared a dependent minor because she was being released from the psychiatric hospital and we had no funding for Residential Treatment Center (RTC). The investigator came out, threatened us, harassed the littles and then never returned a single phone call. I took the littles and moved into my moms and then to my grandmas. husband and Kanga stayed at our home. Kanga has been placed in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for 2.5 weeks. We are now 85 days from the initial phone call for help. By law, CPS has 60 days to complete their report. A new worker called TODAY to say the case had been reassigned to her. I refused to let her visit (aka upset) the littles and told her what we went through. She seemed far more competent than her predecessor and said that she'd confirm with post-adoption that Kanga was in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and assuming her supervisor didn't object, she'd close the case. I so completely regret asking them for help. No help, just one more problem to take my time and energy.

TerryJ2

Absolutely. A very hard lesson to learn. I am so sorry.
I look forward to your note when you receive the "closed case" ltr in the mail.
{{hugs}}

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's lousy you had to go through what they put you through, but at least now there seems to be a glimmer of light ahead. Live and learn, I guess...

HUGS!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Pick a finger - ANY finger.....

No not the pinky, not the index, NOT the ring - and a thumb is NOT a finger technically it's a thumb. CPS can have whats left!

ARRRRRRRRRRRGh. :biting:

meowbunny

If you get a good worker, CPS can truly help. However, that's a big IF. Sounds like the new one is decent. It's a shame she didn't offer any assistance other than closing the case.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

I'm so sorry that CPS treated you in such a manner - we had an exceptional worker that actually helped & in turn found us all the services we have today.

That is their job ~ generally a job they are willing to do, especially for parents that are begging for help, aren't abusive or neglectful & are exceptional advocates for their children. According to our mental health CM, "we are a joy to work with".:angel::bigsmile:

Hoping the case is closed soon.

mom_to_3

I am assuming that since you mentioned post adoption that your difficult child was adopted thru the state and you had some sort of arrangement with them? If that is so, I'm sorry they have not followed thru and caused heartache for your family.

Timerlady said " That is their job ~ generally a job they are willing to do, especially for parents that are begging for help, aren't abusive or neglectful & are exceptional advocates for their children."

This is not at all true for all states. Maybe you both live in the same state and that is what she was refering to, but I personally know thru my families experience with our difficult child when she was 16 yrs. old, that CPS is not there to help begging , exceptional advocate parents.

Sorry about that, I am not trying to be rude at all. I still have a sore spot from our own experience. I know Timerlady meant no harm and her experience in her state has been positive, but in the state of Texas one doesn't look their way for help. They don't help.

I do hope you find what you are looking for and needing.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
So sorry for the frustration and the let down. If I said what I really mean right now all you would see are censored bleeps. It's a nasty thing when you get your hand slapped for holding it out for help. Shame on them.

susiestar

Roll With It
When we went to DHS (same agency, diff name in our state) due to the abuse Wizard put Jess through the SW was atrocious. She was cruel to jess in the interview, to the point the principal who sat in on it made a formal complaint (NOT something that happened often, and this principal has a lot of clout). Then they refused to help, though they said Wizard was "going to be the next Hannibal Lector or Jeffrey Dahmer" - talk about something painful to hear. We already had Wiz in a psychiatric hospital at the time.

I am sorry you did not have a better experience. I wish I could say it was typical. Sadly, the kind of experience someone has with these organizations seems to vary widely.

Hugs,

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Triple J,

I hope I didn't offend you with my personal, positive experiences with CPS. I apologize if I did. I wish it worked this way in every state.

JJJ

No offense Linda. I'm amazed at your wonderful relationship with CPS. I have worked with ours as a foster parent, a CASA and a post-adoption parent and they are, with rare exceptions, awful in our state. I just felt like I had no other options at the time.