Crash Bang Boom!!!

snees

A funny thing happened yesterday. I rained all day and I took my twins to the indoor pool at the gym. There was a woman there with a teenage son who was autistic and grunting and splashing in the pool. I KNOW how it feels like when people are looking at you and she seemed really nice. I went up to her, never seeing her before in my life, and gave her a hug. She hugged me back. We began to talk and it turns out we have a lot in common and grew up near each other, go figure. I am trying to meeting more people who have kids with "issues" as I am sick and tired of hearing my neighbors telling me how WONDERFUL their kids are, it is getting old. Well, if anything I met a new friend.

On another note, my son had his autism evaluation at the very well known clinic. They say that his may have some behaviors that could be signs of autisms all the professionals feel it is an auditory sensory disorder (which is what I have been told before) and his speech delay is causing a lot of issues and since he has trouble saying and processing things it is causing havoc. All agree, as do I, that he is not being served by being placed in a regular kindergarten class as there is way too much going on. I don't know whether to feel relieved or cry, I am so sick of fighting for this kid. His services, which I am paying out of pocket for the summer, are going great. I am getting worn out. I don't know how one does not go CRAZY with the stress of this.

On another note, our mirror in our bathroom fell down, out of the blue, last night putting out an very loud thud. It scared us all half to death. I am glad nobody was in the room at the time but I am very scared of things now. I don't think my ds missed that he was able to process the loudness of the whole thing and has not gone NEAR that room.

T

TeDo

It IS a wonderful thing to have friends that "get it". How wonderful for you and probably for her, too. As for the diagnosis, personally, I would feel relieved. It sounds like you pretty much know what you're dealing with. Now to find the services to help him work on those issues. Are you going to be able to find a professional to do the actual testing for the Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) so you have ammunition to take to the school? I know how hard it is to fight for your child. I've been doing it for years and was close to taking our case to hearing when I finally gave up because of what the school was doing to my son emotionally. He is happy as a clam now and doing AWESOME in school, away from those know-it-all-but-really-know-nothing staff. I hope you are able to get the school to work WITH you for his sake and yours.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

InsaneCdn

As a family that's dealt with one of the forms of Auditory Processing Disorders (APD)... I CAN confirm that there are all sorts of behavioral side-effects from these kinds of issues. This doesn't mean there isn't something else going on as well... just that Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) is the kind of challenge that needs to be treated as a "top layer"... get help for this, and then you will be able to tell if other things are also at work.