Crazy Cat!

susiestar

Roll With It
My cat has lost his mind. I finally got him sleeping in my room every night so that he won't pester the kids. We started it back when classes were actually happening. Tyler is too sweet to throw the cat out of his room in the middle of the night, so the cat was keeping thank you up all night. Now he sleeps all night, but he has to have a pizza box sitting on the corner of my bed all the time. You know, the one he sleeps in. If we move it, he won't stay.

Now he has finally found a toy he likes. My very expensive silver chain. It is about 24 inches long and this cat is NUTS over it. If it moves around my neck, he pounces on me to get it. If I have it dangling from my hand, or if I try to untangle it, he goes nuts for it. He was biting it and holding it with his claws when I first noticed him playing with something. We have all kinds of scratchers and posts and perches for him. Other than this chain, he demands fresh pizza boxes weekly.

When I figure out where he put my chain, I have to hang it out of his reach. Having a cat use it's claws to get you chain actually isn't fun for me at least. But it is funny to watch.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
And I've just got Thomas, stealer and sometimes destroyer of small electronics, transporter of socks, and complete loveable, if suffering some of the effects of great age, wierdo.

ksm

Today, my cat got his summer haircut at the groomers. I wish I could share a before ARND after photo here.

Imagine a 25# large Maine Coon mix with 4inch long hair...now shaved to about an 1/8th of an inch of hair with a big poof on the end of his tail. He really seems to enjoy his hair cut...he likes to be petted so much more after his hair cuts. Ksm

JMom

I have a crazy cat named Luna...short for Lunatic. She only attacks me and very vicious. When she is done beating me, she wants me to pet her and go to sleep in my lap. My husband calls her meep meep because she complains by saying meep meep when she's hungry. This cat think she needs chicken or tuna every time someone walks in the kitchen. This cat surely rules the roost. I found her in the wheel well of my husbands tire about 3 years ago. She fir in the palm of my hand and was so ill. After hundreds of dollars at the vet and taking two weeks off work to care for her 24/7 she finally got strong enough to play. The vets tried everything. I finally told my husband that I was just going to go "old school" like my grandmother and feed her chicken and rice. It did the trick.

I'm telling you this cat is cray-cray. Please don't tell her about pizza boxes, she'd love one more thing to drive me crazy with! Did I mention she growls at people? So weird!

I love cat stories-tell me more!
JMOM

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Today, my cat got his summer haircut at the groomers. I wish I could share a before ARND after photo here.

Imagine a 25# large Maine Coon mix with 4inch long hair...now shaved to about an 1/8th of an inch of hair with a big poof on the end of his tail. He really seems to enjoy his hair cut...he likes to be petted so much more after his hair cuts. Ksm
My mostly Maine Coon and entirely ancient guy is getting his lion cut at b.c. the vets shortly, Groomrers wont touch him due to his age,

My vet's groomer started talking about Thomas ne having to to hold him, thinking I'd refuse. If he wasn't knocked out.

I told her I'd gone to grooming school and had done many a cat
Before my hands gave ou.

Tho upshot is I get to be setup person for Thomas's groom, up to and including being his shampoo girl.

She'll do the grooming while I try to prevent Thomas from flipping over on his side while being clipped. Saves me half the cost of the grooming and I'll get to take home a nekkid cat...a funny looking g cat as Thomas is the classic s tawny old man with a paunch.