Crazy couple of weeks

AnnMarieTN

We've had a crazy couple of weeks here. difficult child transferred to a new school. It's a therapeutic alternative school. He will overall spend about 12 weeks there while they try to figure out what's going on with him. In the meantime, I've been gathering information for residential treatment facilities.

Last weekend during his visitation with his Dad, his Dad got upset with difficult child. difficult child was on the phone with his social worker at the time and heard Dad over the phone. For once, difficult child was the calm one, but his Dad pushed him down and started choking him. His Dad hit him in the face. Social Worker called the police, but nothing came of it. So for now, we have suspended visitation until Dad will go to a doctor and seek help for himself.

difficult child's pediatrician started him on Prozac until we can get a definite diagnosis. It seems to be helping him.

klmno

I'm glad you've seen some positives. The Dad situation sounds pretty bad, though, but maybe he will get some help. At least you could stop the visits. As far as medications- I'd be pretty careful giving prozac to him if they aren't sure about his diagnosis. They gave prozac to my son when he had a bipolar rule-out and it didn't turn out so well, although it took a year for all he11 to break loose. Did anyone go over specific signs to watch out for in case your son exhibits mood cycling?