Cricket from hell

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've been plagued by a rogue cricket that's taken shelter under our refrigerator for several weeks. I have tried sliding a flat stick under the unit to try to scare the thing out -- can't quite move it myself, which would allow my all-too-willing cats to take care of it for me... UGH. They boys' rooms are downstairs and it's kept them up every night -- I tell them to turn on their fans hoping the white noise will drown out the incessant chirping. It's one thing to enjoy that sound outdoors, and quite another when it's an unending grate on one's nerves each and every blessed night. :grrr:

buddy

I use the organic spray that is even at Walmart...no hurting pets or kids...it is some kind of oil that affects their exoskeleton it works great!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, that would be just too obvious, wouldn't it? For some reason I'm one of these people who very RARELY resorts to chemical sprays to control bugs. I just may have to break down and get something for this. I've been able to tune it out (haha) for a while despite difficult child 1's complaints, but now it's even starting to annoy me. I was really just hoping it would keel over on its own! No such luck...

H

HaoZi

I've found Windex and Lysol to be decent stand-ins for bug spray a lot of the time. FYI.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is why I stopped going camping. :rofl:

Ok, so it's not funny about it being in your kitchen. omg I'd resort to something to get it dead or out or whatever.

DammitJanet

Crickets and frogs are why I will never live outside.

Doesnt someone have a lizard or something that needs feeding? Oh...I know...bring a chicken in! Then move the fridge and that cricket will be history.

donna723

Do you have one of those attachments for your vacuum cleaner that has the skinny end on it to go behind sofa cushions, etc.? Is it long enough to reach underneath or behind your refrigerator? Of course, the cricket may not survive this procedure ...