crippled with fear

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Update...He passed his drug test after steady for a week in drug infested neighborhood...based

Sober house owner was not supportive, no one has ever rendered!...He finally got it, he wants to show him out and says he's doing it with t h following rules, etc. He was approached by dealers all week...He is determined.

I can only hope that this is a huge positive responsible act...He even met with his sponsor. We hope he comes home in a month...recovery continues ...it's been 6 months since the heroine.....

I so wish I could help save these young souls...it's running through our High school now..

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Mof glad to hear he is staying clean.

Are you sure you want to have him home though? Will he continue to go to meetings and have a sponsor?

It would be very scary to me to have my son home anytime soon even for a visit. I'm thinking years.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
If not in a month, but with in a couple for sure. He can't live there and support himself. He loves work...He understands I don't trust him yet to drive, never my car again.

He agrees to mtgs and a sponsor. He agrees to a therapist, which I wish he got in IOP....We have no choice.

He is loving and needs to start somewhere...his heavy drug use was not in this town. I only worry about finding good friends...He laughs and says now that he's on medications for mental issues, he shouldn't attract the freaks...

For now we will be optimistic...one day at a time.

I believe I hope your relationship will bloom...the drugs create such a chasm from the important things in life.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Mof - you know him best.

Hugs and prayers to you that he will stay on the right path.

We are having to do real tough love with my son. Nothing else has worked. It's not fun.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
I pray I do...hate that you both have to do that..but pray that tough love brings him back to healthy reality.

Sometimes, I just want to hide....

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
We visit our son tomorrow. We are preparing to have him come home in a month.

We are going to meet with a therapist to find out what a contract could look like. We understand that he needs to help create it.

The visit is important for his brothers to see him, it's been 3 mos, and they have not seen him in the better house. I wish he could stay, but we are tapped out. He knows we have trust issues...He says he will return to his old job and look for another while working. His old job is seasonal....not a career, but I'm not judging, he can walk there.

I'm going to a treatment center near by to get a list of mtgs young addicts like, we don't have a huge recovery community here, but some near. y towns do.

I'm scared...happy, unsure. The user , dealer, strung out guy that was taken to the hospital never lived here. He smoked pot apparently... it not here. So, I'm breathing and praying.

I ask for positive thoughts from all...thanks