Cross your body parts, please... !!!UPDATE!!!

tiredmommy

Duckie has a call back on Saturday for the musical she auditioned for two weeks ago, please send good wishes that she gets in. There were 80 kids audition for 25 spots of which 7 are speaking roles. I think she's probably made the 25 cut, and now she's trying for a speaking role. She really wants this: she's been practicing her singing with the score, watching the film version, practicing her dancing and projection. i doubt many of the kids have worked harder than her....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am now a pretzel. Sending good thoughts and vibes. Saying a prayer. (can't hurt) And having faith our lil performer will WOW em off their feet.

tiredmommy

So... she may or may not need to read a monologue (not sure what the director wants yet). We've chosen an excerpt from Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo just in case. She'll be practicing the first several paragraphs of the book. It's in first person, so it reads like a monologue. I had a hard time coming up with a kids' monologue that didn't sound goofy so I immediately went to Kate's books. They are perfect for a girl of Duckie's age.