Crossing my fingers....I'm feeling better...thank you!

N

Nomad

:choir:After a year or two from HEXX, I am finally (CROSSING MYSELF AND LIGHTING A CANDLE) feeling better and wanted to share and thank the folks here who helped me with information and kind words.

I had two crazy jobs, my father died...I had dental work that went crazy bad, lost a tooth, got nerve damage diagnosis'd Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, got the diagnosis of Sjogren's Syndrome, found out that I have two broken bones and one doctor wants to diagnosis me as having Osteoporosis (I'm fighting that one...long story), new allergies.... and there was something that happened with difficult child that I did NOT post about....one of the worst things to date that saddened me deeply (but I am strong).

I was so sick this last year, that walking around the block left me with so much nerve pain, I would have to take 1/2 a Percocet to get some relief! Cold air hitting my face is still an issue...but I can usually avoid that. Still crossing my fingers about the winter...a long way away.

My neurologist worked with a compounding pharmacist and created a cream with Gabapentin, Lidocaine and Capsaicin and I put this on my face several times a day and it helped. I also take Desipramine and Topamax. It was helping, but not totally doing the job. So, we increased the dosage and amount of times I use the cream and THAT HAS REALLY HELPED! I use the cream now 5x a day...it really has released me from the heavy duty pain. I am so very grateful!!!!

I was told to exercise by an osteo. expert. First I exercised (slow walking!) for 10 minutes and took Motrin for the discomfort (in my face!) Then very slowly worked up to 15 minutes. Then 20 and today, I hit 25 minutes. Vibrations really bother me...but I use extra of the cream to exercise.

I'm so excited. I gained weight from the Lyrica and all the medications I was trying out this year to help with pain control.
My blood pressure is still a little high. I had to quadruple my medicine and add a second medicine due to the terrible pain...it raised my blood pressure significantly. But with some weight loss, less pain and the exercise...it looks like I can get rid of that second B Pressure medication. Baby steps.

Please keep a good thought....again, I am very appreciative of the help I received from kind folks here and am just appreciative in general that I am healing. :hi5:

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Holding good thoughts and saying a prayer that you continue to improve.

I'm glad you're getting better. You've had an awfully rough year.

Hugs

Estherfromjerusalem

I'm so glad you're feeling better. It sounds so awful, what you have gone through. Look after yourself, Nomad. We "oldies" who have been on this board "for ever" need one another around. Carry on getting better and better. You are doing a grand job!

Love, Esther

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thanks for the update, I am so happy to hear your news. I am saying a prayer right now for you and sending you all the healing vibes and happy thoughts I can muster. YAY!