Crying as I write this...

smallworld

Beth, many gentle hugs going out to you. We are here for you anytime you need us to be. That's what this community is here for. Anytime.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Beth}}} No matter the reasons or how you got to this point, it's a big change and a loss of past dreams for you, H and your family. It's sad and obviously okay to mourn what could have been and what you may have once had. Be gentle on yourself with those emotions. With all that you've shared, it seems that this would likely be the next step for you. I recall that feeling of mourning when I left my exh (even though I didn't want to be with him anymore, it's a loss of your life plan) and I can tell you that once you take steps to rebuild your own life, the pain lessens.

I know you're strong enough to handle it, but please don't forget to lean on others when you need to.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that most certainly won't be bothered whenever you need to vent. Don't worry about that part...

Friends are how I made it thru my seperation and divorce; it would have been so much harder without them.

Here's a shoulder, whenever you need it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Vent, vent, please vent!!!! Something I told BFF on Friday night... When we talk and he tells me how he's feeling, stresses, problems - it makes it easier for me. I don't know why this is, but it is.

More HUGS - 'cause been there done that and it hoovered. Bad. But since you know it is the right thing - you will grow from it.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you during this rough time............... everyone deserves to be happy so find some happiness for yourself and kids..............

busywend

Gentle hugs.

Seek out legal advice.

Do not settle for less than the law says you should have.

Look only forward.

HUGS!

DDD

been there done that and still remember the emotional stress with clarity. Hope you have support from friends and family. It's a path that none of us expected or wanted. Sending supportive thoughts and prayers. DDD

trinityroyal

Beth, I'm chiming in late so everyone else has already eloquently expressed what I would have said. Sending many hugs. Please do vent as often as you need to. Friends were how I got through my separation and divorce. We're here and we understand. You're in my thoughts.

Trinity

N

Nomad

Oh yes...what BW said is excellent advice in my book.
A long with getting yourself emotional support as needed, be sure to get yourself gooooood legal advice!
Do NOT forget this!!!!!!!!

TerryJ2

Beth, I agree with-the others--this is a loss of your dreams and efforts. But it is also creating space for you and your g'sfg. When I read about difficult child 2 wetting his pants, my stomach went in knots.

It sounds like you've already got a fantastic support group with-your therapist, para and school admin.

Many, many hugs.

And much strength.