CT Scan tomorrow

flutterby

Fly away!
At 6:30am. :bloodshot: I am so not a morning person.

It's an abdominal scan. I've been having a lot of abdominal pain and severe distention for a while (I had to buy nightgowns because even my baggiest jammie pants that normally fall off me didn't fit). Since Sunday, the lower abdominal pain has been really bad. At times I can barely stand it and feel like I'm going to pass out. My doctor said that my abdomen has changed a lot since I first started seeing her and with all the issues I've had, and with it getting progressively worse, she thinks it's time to do a CT scan and then possibly a colonoscopy. Oh, and I've lost quite a bit of weight which I thought was a good thing because I had gained weight. But, I haven't done anything different to cause the weight loss so she's concerned about that, too.

Please keep good thoughts for me. I have an appointment with difficult child's therapist today and difficult child has an appointment with the therapist tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the appointments.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sending strength to get you through the appointments. I would worry about weight loss too with no change in activity and diet. Crossing body parts that things go well.

hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I too hope they figure it out but hope it is an easy fix.
Crossing body parts as well. You needs a big break.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending hugs, saying a prayer, crossing body parts, and holding good thoughts.

You're long over due for a break. Hope whatever is going on, that if it's not easily treated, that it happens to be a big neon sign as to what has been going on all this time. I know that didn't come out right, but I hope you know what I meant by it.

((hugs))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow... I hope they get some much-needed answers, and I hope it's not something serious. Hopefully the radiologist will have an answer before you leave there. Please keep us posted!

Star*

call 911........call 911
You're in my thoughts and prayers flutter. Hoping they find whatever is causing you all this pain and discomfort. You certainly need a break from all this burden.

Hugs & Love - Star

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you. I'm really dreading having to drink that barium. It makes me feel very nauseous and I think if I were to vomit with the pain I'm already in, I would pass out.

Why can't they make it in chocolate or strawberry flavor?

Ok. Whine over. :tongue:

flutterby

Fly away!
You know what's going to happen, right?

One of two things: 1) I wake up in the morning and the symptoms are all gone (kinda hard to believe at the moment, but that's my luck) and/or 2) with all the pain and noted physical symptoms nothing will show up.

That seems to be how it works.

But, if I have to drink that barium something better show up!! I might just make me homicidal otherwise. :faint::faint:

Oh, and Lisa, I knew exactly what you meant. :D

trinityroyal

Heather, any updates?

I hope the tests were not horrible, that the barium didn't make you puke, and that these tests are able to give you some ANSWERS!

Sending strength, saying prayers, doing the nekkid chicken liver dance, and crossing every body part that I can cross.

Trinity

flutterby

Fly away!
They don't use barium anymore. It's a small amount of contrast in water with crystal light. Not that it's a whole lot better. Had to drink 32 oz in 40 minutes. I would chug some and then just breathe so it wouldn't come back up. :sick:

I should know something by tomorrow.

Of course, the symptoms are nowhere near as bad today. Not gone, but not like they were. Which is good if you're not getting a test because of those symptoms. :faint: