Curiosity about Aspies

mstang67chic

Going Green
We have Dish and I have a few shows set on permanent record. I finally got time last night and this morning to catch up on some of my recorded shows and one got me thinking. I watched a few episodes of Bones and I had to wonder about one of the characters. First of all, I don't really know much about Aspies other than what I read here. My cousin's son is Aspie but I don't really see him that often so I'm not too familiar with his behaviors.

Anyhoo, if you watch Bones, you know the one scientist guy that is the youngest and never really "gets" some of the more casual/slang figures of speech or jokes? Just based on how the character is in the show, would he be a probable Aspie?

Marguerite

Yep.

Got to add, though - husband wandered in, asked what it was about. He said he reckons a number of characters on that show are Aspie.

They seem perfectly normal to us.

Marg

DammitJanet

The guy I think is totally aspie is on Numbers. The geeky, genius younger brother who is so good at math he can do anything but was so socially behind until really lately in their shows.

susiestar

Roll With It
Zach Addy (the character on Bones) is totally an Aspie, in my opinion. Charlie on Numbers is borderline, in my opinion. I do agree that quite a few of the characters on Bones are Aspie.

I just LOVE both of those shows!!!!!

Steely

How about the comedy The Big Bang Theory? OMG, it is a whole show about Aspies. My favorite show of the new season.