Custody Case Settled

TYLERFAN

Hi Family:

Just wanted to let y'all know that yesterday we had our court appearance and finally the matter is resolved! :bravo:
I now have joint custody with difficult child of Baby J. I have physical and residential custody for at least the next 24 months. :smile: :warrior:
What a relief!! Finally I know that Baby J will be here with us and safe. difficult child handled this whole thing pretty well, she really had no choice, but under the circumstances handled it like an adult. :bravo:
I am cautiously hopeful about difficult child. She has been sober 60 days. :bravo: :bravo:
There is still a long way to go....
But, for now, I'm happy, relieved, thankful!!!!! :smile:

Thank You for all the support!

Blessings,
Melissa

tiredmommy

Congratulations, I know this is a weight off your shoulders. I hope difficult child will continue on the road to recovery.

KFld

You must be so relieved. That is so awesome that this is finally over and you know what is ahead for you and baby J.

amstrong

Yay!! I know this is a weight off your shoulders. I am glad difficult child handled it well-deep down she knows what is best for the baby. Kudos to her on her 60 days!

Enjoy the baby!

Sunlight

that is wonderful! I know at some point we may have to go for custody of kaleb as his mom is constantly threatening to move out of state with her latest boyfriend.
sigh.
I am glad you are set for at least the next two years!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Hurray for you, Baby J, and difficult child!! :warrior:
So glad to hear it's settled and difficult child didn't cause you worse heartache. Hope she can use the 24 months to really change her life and be ready to become a full-time parent when the time comes!!

Peace

saving grace

Great news thank you!! I know this will give you some peace of mind for a while. That baby boy is very lucky to have you and so is difficult child.

And speaking of difficult child, as much of a pain she can be she gets a big congrats on her 60 days sober. :bravo:

Grace

Ephchap

Oh, Melissa, what a HUGE relief ! Glad things worked out for everyone ... especially that dear grandchild!

Hugs,
Deb

Fran

Former desparate mom
Melissa,I'm glad for BabyJ and you. He will have a stable caregiver and someone who shows love everyday.

Congratulations for difficult child being sober.

Nancy

That's wonderful news Melissa. BabyJ is very lucky to have you.

And congratulations on difficult child's sobriety. I hope this is the beginning of something very good.

Nancy