Cutting ALL funding from Zoos??!!?!?!

susiestar

Roll With It
I just found an article that says that New York Governor Patterson is cutting ALL funding for New York Zoos in 2010. This is NOT a budget cut, it is a total elimination of funding!!

I don't live in NY and have never even visited - though I did get to drive through a few times with my parents. But I really don't think that conservation efforts can afford to lose ANY zoos or aquariums. They are too important in helping endangered and threatened animals and educating people about animals and the need for conservation.

This make me FURIOUS! Here is a link to the article: http://www.livescience.com/animals/090319-unemployed-porcupine.html

There is a short video using a porcupine to help raise awareness of this and try to get people to contact Albany to stop this funding elimination. It is kind of cute, the video, but it is also sad.

I don't want this to be political. It is not about government or what party you belong to. It is about the animals to me.

Stella Johnson

I agree with you. Pretty sad for all the animals. If it does go through hopefully the other zoos in the country can take in the animals.
Many zoos get hefty donations from outside sources like personal donations and corporate ones. Hopefully it will be enough.:(

Steph