Cyber Party for Daisylover!!!

crazymama30

Good luck Daisy, my tests are all next week. Finals are on Thursday one at 8:00 am and one at 3:15pm. Then my TEAS or nursing test is Friday from 4pm to 8pm. Did or will you take the TEAS or is you test different? Just curious. Our nursing program here is so competitive, there are 34 spaces and about 120 apply.

I would take the food and the drinks. After what you have been through you deserve it all!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm up for a grill out, most especially if there are ribs involved!!!

Oh, and shhhhhhhhh I sneaked some home baked choc chip cookies from easy child's house. YUM

Thank God these are cyber calories. :spaghetti::wine:

TheOnlyMe

Relentless Warrior Mom
To :nurse:Daisylover! What a great idea to exhale the time before, it is test time, the best medicine to bring all the info back when needed!!:congrats:

I am a great cook but so many things already listed, some beautiful flowers:flowers: and how about some games and some party favors?

Maybe a Pinata after all the drinks might bring some laughs!!:rofl::you_go_girl:

witzend

We don't want anyone to get urpy, so I made a nice beef stew to keep something substantial on the tummy. (Did I tell you that the high temp was 53 degrees today?)

How'd it go, Lisa?

meowbunny

Guess I'll make some of my standbys: marinated mushrooms (to die for); tuna/pasta salad; almond cinnamon drop cookies (supposed to be balls but they don't quite come out that way for me but yummy anyway); German chocolate cake (from scratch); berry salad with a yogurt honey sauce.

I'll bring some old country (Garth Brooks, Waylon and Willie); some awesome blues; and killer rock.

Also bringing a cosmopolitan fountain.

Oh, yeah, some killer bbq sauce for the ribs.

Okay, pop me in a corner, put the music on, keep filling the drink. I'm there.

And, Lisa, you rock!!!!! Guess your husband's chemistry book helped more than you thought. hehe

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Look on page 2 of this post witz. I didn't make it this time. I explained it there. I'm gonna take it again in July.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
mb you never know, it just might have. lol Lord knows mine doesn't explain equations at all. Which of course stinks when you understand in class, only to discover when you pick up the book in the evening that you haven't got clue as to what to do. ugh

At one time I actually pinned down the professor and had him show me what buttons to push on the calculator in order to do a certain type of calculation. Then I wrote down his step by step instructions and learned them too. sheesh The professor swears there is no math in elementary biochemistry. Thank goodness.

***elbows everyone out of the way to get to those mushrooms*** MB how did you know I LOVE mushrooms???!!!!

F

flutterbee

I was wondering earlier if it was a computer test. I'm betting it was the computer, too.

I love grilling out. Everything tastes so much better on the grill.

Here's to July! (July is a really good month...both mine and easy child's and both of his grandmother's birthdays are in July. So is difficult child's dad, but we'll just ignore that.)

ScentofCedar

Lisa?

Re: missing half the test?

While I was in school and even now, in my life, I need to be very aware of self sabotage.

It will get me, every time.

Barbara

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Barb

I don't know if it was self sabotage or not. But I am prone to making some really idiotic mistakes on these sorts of things.

And while thinking about it last night..........I'm obsessing and keep replaying it in my mind......... I think I know what happened.

I have a vague memory of the woman giving the test saying not to use the back button more than a couple of times, or the program would think you were cheating and throw you out of the test. I thought she meant the normal back button on the computer screen, not the one for the test as the practice tests let you go back and look at answers while you're taking it. (clocks still running though)

That plate tatonic one was worded weird and I went back to look at it. I went back 3 or 4 pages. I saw that I answered right and went ahead. Next thing I knew it told me the test was over, and I thought to myself "wow, that one was short"

:clubbing:

Never occured to me at the time that the back button thing had thrown me out of the test. One of my most major DUH moments.

Self sabotage? It's a possiblity cuz I used to do it on every test in algebra. I'd know what I was doing only to shoot myself in the foot everytime on a test.

Note : I will be very cautious the next time around.

Hugs

meowbunny

Lisa, I tell you what -- you pass the nurse's exam and I'll send you some mushrooms. How's that for incentive? (And, yes, I'm serious.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
I make some mean grilled portabello mushrooms. I'd gladly bring them.

Now, for all you veggie fans, can I bring some tofu?

On the topic of computer tests...totally freaked me out when applying for jobs. All of a sudden, with NO warning they'd pop up this screen, "You have 15 minutes to complete this next test." I don't work well under pressure. Give me a bit to think and I'm sure I can come up with an answer. I HATE tests.

Abbey

Andy

Is it Monday already? Time flies when you are having fun! If I remember correctly, tommorow is the big day?

Let's make tonight count - Monday's are a little hard to get back into the week schedule so I usually do leftovers but this is too important for Daisy - so, I go to resturaunt and tell them to bill me for whatever Daisylover orders - Call them up Daisy and visit tonight's party between pages. We will all raise our glasses upon each visit.

If tommorrow is not the day, we party anyway in honor of Daisy - what a great role model she has become.

TerryJ2

Okay, I'll skip the alcohol, since you can't have a hangover for the test. How about a neck massage?

Good luck on your exam!!!!